Photoshop for free from Adobe?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was browsing Adobe's website and I noticed in the same folder where they have all of their Try Out versions of their photoshop downloads, and I noticed a file in there named "Photoshop_CS2.exe", and it had a different file size (larger) than the file in the same folder, "Photoshop_CS2_G_TryOut.exe". I have limited bandwidth so I couldn't afford to download it to see what it is, but it's worth a try for someone to see if it is indeed a slip up and a non-trial version. I mean obviously you would need a key to activate still, but their trials do differ from their full softwares in some small ways.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/win/cs2

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

I was browsing Adobe's website and I noticed in the same folder where they have all of their Try Out versions of their photoshop downloads, and I noticed a file in there named "Photoshop_CS2.exe", and it had a different file size (larger) than the file in the same folder, "Photoshop_CS2_G_TryOut.exe". I have limited bandwidth so I couldn't afford to download it to see what it is, but it's worth a try for someone to see if it is indeed a slip up and a non-trial version. I mean obviously you would need a key to activate still, but their trials do differ from their full softwares in some small ways.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/win/cs2

An .exe file is a Windows executable...

No worky on Macs...

And the /win/ portion of the link should also tell you that this is a Windows app, not Mac...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

No worky on Macs...

And the /win/ portion of the link should also tell you that this is a Windows app, not Mac...

That's not what he's asking.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

No worky on Macs...

Yes, I know this all. But speaking of which, the same thing happens under the Mac section (replace win with mac in the link).
  • Reply 4 of 9
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    If it is the full version it will need a registration number, so don't get your hopes up.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

If it is the full version it will need a registration number, so don't get your hopes up.

It is likly the full version, you can order it online in a box that gets shipped to you, or as a file for DL, they also offer it to license holders if their media is damaged.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    So did anyone try this? I downloaded the files but have not had access to a PC yet. Do they work?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Those ones without 'Tryout' stuck on the end and are larger files have j, f, and g stuck on the end instead. Those are the Japanese, French, and German versions of the tryout.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cory Bauer

Those ones without 'Tryout' stuck on the end and are larger files have j, f, and g stuck on the end instead. Those are the Japanese, French, and German versions of the tryout.

And the windows one that dosn't have letters on the end? Does anybody know about that?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    You can get Photoshop as a free download but not from Adobe. Do a search for "Carracho" and see where it leads...

Please note I do not advocate piracy. I do not practice piracy. This is a disclaimer which legally presents my public and official views which are as stated above. Privately, I am entitled to my own views and practices, which may or may not coincide with my legally official and public views.