10.4.4 calendar widget...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
it changed... interesting

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Unfortunately, same old minimal functionality.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    The iCal Events widget works great side by side with iCal
  • Reply 3 of 12
    The new widget is rather... ugly. And does nothing the old widget didn't do. Kindof a silly thing to update.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by MoonShadow

The new widget is rather... ugly. And does nothing the old widget didn't do. Kindof a silly thing to update.

it would be a tiny bit nicer if it could be resized...
  • Reply 5 of 12
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    I wonder if at midnight the day flips down.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I do not really use that widget at all. In fact i don't use too many widgets but i think the Calendar has a lot of potential. Apple could easily incorporate more into it.

it seems to be a common theme for apple not wanting anything but iCal editing a calendar. I mean take a look at the iPod. How great would it be to be able to edit that calendar? But alas, apple doesn't include it...yet
  • Reply 7 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    still better than the eyeballl searing fire-engine red it used to be. now if they could just tweak that calculator a bit...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    mugwumpmugwump Posts: 233member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

I wonder if at midnight the day flips down.

To answer this meditation: no.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MoonShadow

I don't agree. I prefer the new calendar. I think it's cleaner in some way, sober, more "Apple way". Less candy-baby-Fisher-Price like. Just my opinion.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    not totally thread-related, but has anyone else noticed that the good google maps widget (the one by lindquist) not only doesn't work anymore, but has been completely removed from apple's website, and practically anywhere else? i mean, it used to be the number one downloaded widget...

really odd.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

not totally thread-related, but has anyone else noticed that the good google maps widget (the one by lindquist) not only doesn't work anymore, but has been completely removed from apple's website, and practically anywhere else? i mean, it used to be the number one downloaded widget...

really odd.

DAMN ! You are right ! Mine doesn't work anymore ! DAMN !!
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I think that new look of the new calendar widget is pretty nice, plus I think the idea of it is to look a little like the signs in Cupertino...

http://mypersonalgetaway.com/MWSF05/...s/Image10.html