Apple iPod Tech Support Gripe!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Okay, so I just got off the phone with Apple Tech Support concerning my new video iPod, and I have to blow some steam...

I got my new video iPod in th email the other day and I have problems with the iPod recognizing the Unknown Album folder as a real folder when I browse by artist (a topic which I posted on AI and thought was resolved) and then not changing the menu bar when I select out of an artist. When I called Apple, their answer was to do a software restore (which I informed the man I had already done) and the rerip all my music into iTunes. I told the guy I wasn't about to rerip 3000 songs, and he said it sounded like ahardware defect and that I should send it back to Apple ... I fill out the information, and after browsing the discussion boards on Apple.com, came to find out other people have the same problem and it seems to be a software issue.

I called Apple saturday to cancel the request, but the box shows up today anyway. I call to ask what I need to do with the box since I canceled the request and here's where the fun begins...

The lady informed me that I have used my one free call for iPod support and that I would need to pay $49 to trobuleshoot. I've known about the 90 days of tech support ... but when did this one free call thing come into effect??? Does anyone know? She refused to do anything after she got the serial number and found out that I had already called in ... she kept saying, its not a software prblem, would you care to troubleshoot it over the phone? I remained calm and politely told her I would just take it to an Apple store this weekend!

WTF??? This is slightly ridiculous ... they never did solve the problem the first time and seemed dumbfounded when I told them I already tried doing a restart and restore. Bah, but really, does anyone know when the "one free call" thing started? I believe on my 4th gen I called them three or four times with issues???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Don't talk to tech support. talk to customer care. calmly explain your problem to them, and they will fix things for you. Don't take no for an answer, calmly ask to be transferred to someone who has the power to make things right.

its just a simple misunderstanding - the tech support person is obviously just following protocol... 1 call = 1 call.

customer care is there to "make things right". Good luck