Blank CD/DVD not showing!!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jml

Thanks Whyatt, it reads "open Finder" on both.

What now?

Change it to "Ask what to do"
  • Reply 22 of 26
    jmljml Posts: 19member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

I don't have the answer, but two different accounts not seeing the disk means the problem is in one of the files in the /Library or /System/Library folders.

At this point I would go to the Apple Discussions and see if others have had the problem, as randomly zapping system prefs isn't going to be easy.

http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=160

Hey Lundy, just came back from the Apple discussions and found that one Mac user had the same problem (he was using a G4 Ti Book) and was able to fix the problem by hitting the Power Management Unit (PMU) (Reset Button)

QUESTION does any one Know if such button exists on a Power Mac G4 Dual silver Doors?

If so I'd like to USE IT!!!!!
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Change it to "Ask what to do"

Thanks for the suggestion iPeon, did what you suggested but the problem is that once the Blank CD/DVDs are inseted they don't show on Desktop or in Finders side col..
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Do you have an Apple Store nearby, even just to talk to someone there?
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by ricksbrain

Do you have an Apple Store nearby, even just to talk to someone there?

Yep. I guess I'll have to go in to town (I'm in the berbs) and talk to someone in a Mac store, thanks for all your help Rick, thanks for taking the time.

Cheers\
  • Reply 26 of 26
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jml

Hey Lundy, just came back from the Apple discussions and found that one Mac user had the same problem (he was using a G4 Ti Book) and was able to fix the problem by hitting the Power Management Unit (PMU) (Reset Button)

QUESTION does any one Know if such button exists on a Power Mac G4 Dual silver Doors?

If so I'd like to USE IT!!!!!

Yes - with the power off, open the side door and look for the battery. Somewhere near the battery there will be a tiny (1mm diam) round flat silver button. Push it once with the tip of a pen or pencil. Close the door and power up.