Loose Change the video.. wake up or hype?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

[B]check this link out addabox, PM got a punch of Scientists together and took a look at this.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...tml?page=5&c=y

The Popular Mechanics' piece has been soundly rebutted by a number of counter inquiries that dealt specifically with it. Here is one:

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/pop_me..._mechanics.htm

15 out of the 16 points "debunked" by the the Popular Mechanics "scientific inquiry" have been debunked themselves in this article. If you go through that PM piece, it's a pile of junk, crammed with "straw man" arguments, and very carefully cherry-picked material. Just as one would expect from a NeoCon.....they have a long and expanding track record of such stuff.

The "Popular Mechanics" hack was penned by the 25 year old Benjamin Chertoff, cousin of Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security! That's like Ken Lay investigating electricity price gouging in California, or Pablo Escobar doing a piece on cocaine trafficking. Popular Mechanics is owned by the Hearst Group and this piece is a classic piece of Hearst/Saddam/Soviet etc style yellow journalism.

That PM article was yet another typical example of the nepotism and croneyism seen in every aspect of the Bush admin; the Bush1tOmeter redlining one more time.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member

hogwash!!

Turn from the Dark Side sammi! Fear leads to anger, anger leads to.......um, bad sequels and paranoia!
  • Reply 23 of 27
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    The analysis becomes redundant when taking WTC owner Larry Silverstein's comments comments into consideration. He spoke in an interview on the PBS show "America Rebuilds":

"I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it. And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

The only buildings to collapse at the WTC site were those owned by Silverstein Properties Inc., which took out specific insurance policies against terrorist attacks just weeks before September 11. Nice timing Larry; (he was paid $2.2 billion for the destruction of the WTC, which included $400 million for WTC#7).

I guess when one is as well connected as the likes of Mr. Silverstein, you can not get away with literally anything, but you can be as bald-faced and arrogant as to even brag about it in public.

What did the 9-11 "Independent" (!) Commission say about all this, and WTC#7? Nothing.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member

It´s funny because its true
  • Reply 25 of 27
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

The only buildings to collapse at the WTC site were those owned by Silverstein Properties Inc., which took out specific insurance policies against terrorist attacks just weeks before September 11. Nice timing Larry; (he was paid $2.2 billion for the destruction of the WTC, which included $400 million for WTC#7).

I think that is where you're slipping -- you're ignoring the real world problems -- treating a property scam on that scale like a slot machine.

from here

Quote:

It will cost Silverstein and investors an estimated 8 billion dollars to rebuild the structures where the World Trade Center complex once stood. [5] With mounting court fees and a required annual lease payment of 120 million dollars, Silverstein Properties has shelled out enormous amounts of money to continue holding the property. [6]

• Reply 26 of 27
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think that the peak of oil production is a much more fascinating and veritable threat to humanity than some fishy politics.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    truth

then again you dont need that video to realize that