Another iPod mockup

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know this one's been done to death, but I wanted show you what I'd made.

Click here

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    That would be kind of fun. Probably some time off though.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    looks cool.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by max_naylor

Click here

If it has all that stuff - perhaps it should be called "Mobile Me" ?

C.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    hxc04hxc04 Posts: 145member
    I think somethinig that everyone is missing with the whole touchscreen iPod is tht Apple gets sued enough now with small, hard screens. How many cracked or messed up screens do you think they are going to have when its the size of the iPod and the only protection it will have is a PDA screen protector.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    If it had all that stuff sign me up for one...the screen on existing ipods is just to small for movies, and im not a big music lover, so i never bothered with any MP3 player...but if it was exactly like that i would get one.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    a camera would be very cool, and theres no reason why not, they have it in the top on the macbook pro, so size isn't a problem. It would open up a whole heap of new features, they can put there photo booth software in, and i reckon that would be very popular.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    WOW! Looks cool mate. Makes my photo iPod look like a dinosaur
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by max_naylor

Click here

That is absolutely FANTASTIC! I would love to have one of those. And I would ESPECIALLY LOVE it if it had the iSight built in...
  • Reply 9 of 18
    thats soo hot PSP(minus games)/iPod/internet tablet all in one...id buy one...and as for the screen how many people have touch screen PDAs they dont ahva problem. so why would apple?
  • Reply 10 of 18
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    That's pretty cool but I don't really know if the isight would be all that useful. Since it's not like a camera phone and there is no screen on the back you'd pretty much be limited to taking pictures of yourself, and I don't really know if that'd be useful.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    nice work!
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by ecking

That's pretty cool but I don't really know if the isight would be all that useful. Since it's not like a camera phone and there is no screen on the back you'd pretty much be limited to taking pictures of yourself, and I don't really know if that'd be useful.

Mobile video chat/phone?

But, yes, reversible to act as a camera would be good too.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    I'll take one. WiFi too, though.

Steve, are you listening?
  • Reply 14 of 18
    With all Apple's touch screen patents and the rumors of a phone too... could the screen turn into a touch sensitive dial pad when it is in "phone" mode... and a QWERTY keyboard when ou want to send emails while on the road?

A phone, mobile email system and iPod all in one... that would be worth a lot to me.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    if you took the present ipod fit the screen to edge to edge then when you turn it up it's a phone interface, sideways it automatically turns to ipod, video, internet interface. the present ipod form factor is thinner and lighter than most phones now, how much to put the chips in to make a phone??? it could also have a combo nand drive and hard drive.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    In about a year or two, I think we'll start to see iPods with "electronic ink" displays. Until then, I don't think we'll see iPods that are entirely covered by a display (especially if they're that thin). There are some other, technical reasons for this, but I am not at liberty to discuss.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

In about a year or two, I think we'll start to see iPods with "electronic ink" displays. Until then, I don't think we'll see iPods that are entirely covered by a display (especially if they're that thin). There are some other, technical reasons for this, but I am not at liberty to discuss.

ooooooooo sounds like you KNOW something BIG.....tell tell tell
  • Reply 18 of 18
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Nice...

But it's rather large according to the dock connector.