Zebra Screen

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello,

On my iMac Flat Panel suddenly the screen became faded down, and then the screen is covered with vertical grayed lines of different thickness, and of course nothing can be done on it.

It happened when working on the OS9.2.2 partition ( I was not on the classic). On the other partition I have osx 10.1.5.

I have tried to cut off the power cord for several minutes, to zap the pram, to restart from a reboot CD, but all to no avail.

Anything that I can do, before throwing it away....

TIA

Raymond

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    macubusmacubus Posts: 95member
    I don't have any suggestions, but are you really going to throw it away? If you are I'd take it off your hands.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    raygolraygol Posts: 29member
    Don't worry, and sorry, don't hope.

I am looking for solutions to my problem.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    scott f.scott f. Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by raygol:

<strong>Don't worry, and sorry, don't hope.

I am looking for solutions to my problem.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Isn't it still under warranty...? Also, try Apples Support area of the website and do some searches.

Good luck!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    just call up Apple and harrass the f**k out of them-1st iMac(G3)screen problems after 2 weeks-Apple replaced this only for the replacement to show screen problems after a month-Apple tried to fix this but again problems-after months of me refusing to give them my mac for 'repair' until they came up with a reason they couldn't fix it first time they gave me my money back-around 5 months after original purchase-by the time they sort it out you could have a better model for the same price!! :-)
  • Reply 5 of 8
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by macubus:

<strong>I don't have any suggestions, but are you really going to throw it away? If you are I'd take it off your hands.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hah!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by raygol:

<strong>

Anything that I can do, before throwing it away....

TIA

Raymond</strong><hr></blockquote>

i don't think there is much you can do, sorry. you could try taking it apart and checking the connections, but that would just void the warranty and possibly not fix the problem. 1 year parts warranty on everything, and this would certainly be covered.

good luck!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    raygolraygol Posts: 29member
    merci bien
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    i dont know if it will help, but you could restart and then hold command+s while the computer is restarting, then in the command line that comes up type "fsck -y" until it says all problems are fixed, that is, if there is more than one problem it may only fix the first one it sees, so enter "fsck -y" as many times as it takes until it says everything checked out fine. then when it is done you type "exit".

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: ijerry ]</p>