Looking for a program...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey, I just need a little program which sucks a signal from the internet every 30 seconds or so. There is one, but I forgot what it is.

Have any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by goldenman

Hey, I just need a little program which sucks a signal from the internet every 30 seconds or so. There is one, but I forgot what it is.

Have any ideas?

I have hundreds of ideas. Every Internet application sucks signals off the Internet and much more frequently than every 30 seconds or so. Before you even have a prayer of finding what you are looking for, you are going to have to figure out what this little program is supposed to do.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Well, I programmed my router to stop the DSL line after three minutes of idle time. I have programmed it accordingly, because I wanted it so. But now it is impractical. When I have no internet traffic the connection stops after 3 minutes, I am not available for Jabber or AIM anymore, because my line is dead.

I dont want to change the settings in my router, just get an application that can keep an active internet connection.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Most IM progs have an option to keep connection alive, which I thing is supposed to do just that. And some have that feature defaulted to on, because there hardly is any reason not to.