firmware update issue

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi there!

Recently I've updated my iMac 20" (Intel) with a new firmware. Since then, I always get the message "firmware has been upgraded" when I boot MacOS. It should be a one-time notice though. Has anyone experienced the same issues, and is there a solution to get rid of the notice?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Go to PREFS -> USERS (? maybe it's not called like that .. sorry i'm french, it's called COMPTES in french Tiger, that's the place where you have your administ. profil ...).. then you've got a space for apps that launch by themself at the start up of the imac.

There you can find the one who put your message again and again after reboot with new firmware. Just select the lign and click on the MINUS sign.. and next start up will be without this message. At this place, you can find iTunes helper too.... Just keep this one.

By the way, is your iMac making more noise after firmware?

Mine do it. It's like the left part of my iMac (a fan i supposed), is running quicker and noisier than before.

You can't hear it like that with music or people around you. but i you work on your imac in complete silence, it's very annoying. It's like i can feel the motor of my computer now ;-).. some vibrations ans noise... :-( ...

Anyway, my firmware said it was installed ok!?

strange...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by dacloo

Hi there!

Recently I've updated my iMac 20" (Intel) with a new firmware. Since then, I always get the message "firmware has been upgraded" when I boot MacOS. It should be a one-time notice though. Has anyone experienced the same issues, and is there a solution to get rid of the notice?

Thanks

Or a simple solution:

right (or ctrl) click the icon in the dock, disable the run at logon option.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keikojaa

By the way, is your iMac making more noise after firmware?

Thanks.

No, mine is as quiet as before! Weird. Do you have the 17" or 20" version?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mine is a 20", as yours. Yes that's strange. I tried to reset SMU, but it didn't change anything. I found similar story on forums about noise on the 20" after installing firmware. Maybe we've got bad power supply, or bad fan, or something like that. Anyway, it seems that it's very rare.

Thanks for posting.