Apple releases Aperture 1.1 (Universal) @ new lower price of $299

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Aperture 1.1, a significant update to the revolutionary all-in-one post production tool for photographers, runs natively on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs. The update features dramatically improved RAW image rendering and a new set of advanced RAW adjustment controls. Likewise, it delivers impressive speed gains on any Mac. At a new lower price of $299, Aperture is within reach of anyone shooting with a digital SLR camera. [Apr 13, 2006] Linky! Before someone mentions about the price on the website being $499, It's just not updated yet that's all! That's a good deal, for such a nice, powerful app. That's 40% cheaper, not bad at all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Finally!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    $299. is definitely a better price point, unless Aperture 3.0 was going to be a competitor to Photoshop.

Whereas I never seriously considered the app before, I'm thinking that when I get my new Power Mac in the fall, I may buy Aperture with it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Store is down, probably just for aperture.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    amackamack Posts: 19member
    store back up, Aperture 1.1 $299
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Let's see if they support the Kodak dslr/n and dslr/c

Pro app unusable with these pro cameras so far.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    If you have Aperture already, do a software update, and it downloads 1.1 for you ....Thank you Apple! (Now if only Final Cut Studio could've been this easy.)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    If you paid $499, you even get a coupon for $200 at the Apple Store http://www.apple.com/promo/aperture/