Adobe and Intel-Macs??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok, so I'm about to buy a 15" MBP, but I have one problem, I use Adobe CS2 a lot and it's not supported for the Intel-Macs. So I did a little research and found out that CS3 isn't coming out until Q2 of 2007, WTF! So my question to anyone that has a MBP and uses CS2 a lot is, what are you doing right now? Are you using CS2 through Rosetta? If you are, how does it run? If not, did you install Boot Camp? How does CS2 run on the MBP with Winblows? Me doing a lot of web design, print ads, and everything else you could imagine at work, I'm concerned about this. Anyone have any info or feedback on how CS2 runs on these machines?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Digital Disasta

Ok, so I'm about to buy a 15" MBP, but I have one problem, I use Adobe CS2 a lot and it's not supported for the Intel-Macs. So I did a little research and found out that CS3 isn't coming out until Q2 of 2007, WTF! So my question to anyone that has a MBP and uses CS2 a lot is, what are you doing right now? Are you using CS2 through Rosetta? If you are, how does it run? If not, did you install Boot Camp? How does CS2 run on the MBP with Winblows? Me doing a lot of web design, print ads, and everything else you could imagine at work, I'm concerned about this. Anyone have any info or feedback on how CS2 runs on these machines?

What are you upgrading from? Even in Rosetta, it'll probably be faster than a PowerBook G4. If you're going down from an iMac G5, it'll probably be slower.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I'm a Mac virgin. I use them in school all the time, all my classes have G5's, I use a PC at home, and I think it's time to switch. My PC handles web stuff ok, but when I go into stuff with higher DPI's it not good at all. At work I use a Mac as well, it's a 2.0 G5. So how would it compair to that? Prob not as good, but would it be close or no?