Logic

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know when to expect a new version of Logic?

I just recently switched to Logic Express from Garageband and I'm not too happy with the user interface... should I expect any changes in Logic 8 to make it more "mac-like"? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreenBlu32

I just recently switched to Logic Express from Garageband and I'm not too happy with the user interface... should I expect any changes in Logic 8 to make it more "mac-like"? Thanks.

I haven't used Logic but if it is anything like Shake then I can understand how it's not Mac-like. I'm not sure I'd change it though because it's stable and productive. Shake is one of my all time favourite apps.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreenBlu32

Apple bought Logic in 2002 from Emagic (in fact, it bought all Emagic and made it an Apple subsidiary). So it was not really an 'Apple app', UI-wise (Logic even started as an Atari MIDI sequencer - called C-Lab Creator - in the 80ties).

So I think that Apple gradually will make the UI more Mac-like.