New Mac TV ads?

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 110
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by Cory Bauer

I'd like to see a follow-up commercial where the PC is played by a loud obnoxious hyper-spastic six year old child, the Mac is played by the same guy, and there's a third party person (the user). The user pokes both the Mac and PC to turn them on. The Mac says, "hi, I'm a Mac". and the PC says, "Hello, I'm a PC. New Hardware has been detected! New updates are available for Windows! There are inactive icons on the desktop, click now to see what they are! A wireless connection has been made! etc." Meanwhile the user hands each of them a Photo CD. The Mac in turn silently hands the user a stack of beautifully printed photos. The PC, still bombarding the user with information, detects the CD and says, "Windows can perform the same operation everytime you insert this kind of CD, What would you like Windows to do? Would you like to import the photos with Microsoft Photo Editor? Would you like to Open the CD as a Folder? would you like to view a slideshow, would you like to take no action? Windows can perform this action everyti....A new virus has been detected...". The child then breaks into a tantrum, throwing the CD against the floor, jumping up and down on it. All the while the Mac and User are admiring the photos together.

ROFLMAO

Poor Microsoft. They try so hard... but still don't get it
  • Reply 102 of 110
    hjordis71hjordis71 Posts: 45member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Originally posted by iPeon

I don't see any rudness, put downs nor low class remarks in any of the ads. I see a playful dialog taking place. So... what such crap are you specifically referring to?....

The Mac dude says that PCs have great apps like Clock and Calculator...or something like that. That's just downright insulting to PC users. There are a lot more PC apps right out of the box. Granted, it's mostly rubbish, but saying just Clock and Calculator, it's a bit much. It's just putting down the PC rather than actually somehow coherently comparing PC and Mac software that's available for different things.

I think you guys are losing sight of the main issue, which is that the Mac is portrayed by the nerd from Galaxy Quest.
  • Reply 103 of 110
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Whoa, they do sound the same. Never would have guessed!
  • Reply 104 of 110
    Originally posted by hjordis71

I think you guys are losing sight of the main issue, which is that the Mac is portrayed by the nerd from Galaxy Quest.

Heh. That guy was funny in Galaxy Quest. Galaxy Quest was funny for so many reasons. Like the part when Tim Allen is asking the nerds for directions, the nerds had like built a whole 3d walkthrough thing of the spaceship just based on bits of the show.

Nerds rule. 8) Mac nerds rule even betterz....! Nerds are nerds. Mac nerds are cool. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 105 of 110

I used to have jobs where I could rock up to work looking like that (jeans, sneakers, sweatshirt... once I turned up at work with tracksuit pants [sweatpants]) *sigh* keyword: [used to have jobs]
  • Reply 106 of 110
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

I used to have jobs where I could rock up to work looking like that (jeans, sneakers, sweatshirt... once I turned up at work with tracksuit pants [sweatpants]) *sigh* keyword: [used to have jobs]

You could have worked for my company.
  • Reply 107 of 110
    Cool. ... Am applying for various jobs here in Malaysia and it's all about proving that I'm the "dynamic aggressive individual with a desire to succeed and meet challenges with ease. Must speak English, Malaysian, Chinese dialects and have own car." I'm screwed. I only know English and I just can't do web design anymore (agency design environments are too stressful and IT type jobs have too many coding side stuff I'm so out of touch with -Java, ASP, JSP, PHP, .Net blah blah blah). The good news is that my bipolar disorder seems to be improving in the sense that the psychiatrist is seems to be getting to the right medication and dosage. In the past week there haven't been any sessions where for like half an hour I'm just lying on the bed severely depressed and can't even think of doing anything else. Now it's [very very slowly] back to the real world and being a dynamic, aggressive individual with a desire to win and serve customers with a pleasant personality in a primarily PC/ Windows environment. Must know Microsoft Office. BLEEEAHHHH.
  • Reply 108 of 110
    I say reading and posting on AppleInsider is a demanding and challenging full-time job. Wouldn't y'all agree ??
  • Reply 109 of 110
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

I say reading and posting on AppleInsider is a demanding and challenging full-time job. Wouldn't y'all agree ??

Do tell.

Hey, it's 4:16 in the morning, and I'm having a new boiler put in today!

What you said reminded me.

Shoot, they're going to be here at 7:30.

I think that a couple hours of shuteye is called for.

Night!
  • Reply 110 of 110
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Anybody else notice that when the "PC" says the thing about 114,000 Windows viruses that the actor is saying something else? It's an overdub...almost like they got the original number wrong when filming.

\