Updates from apple .........

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
notice that apple have released new updates ......

we all know what that means

come on macbook next week...............

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by carlito

notice that apple have released new updates ......

we all know what that means

come on macbook next week...............

cue rongold!

• Reply 2 of 7
    dr. jdr. j Posts: 39member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

cue rongold!

...and his crack pipe, excuse me, crack pot theories.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr. J

...and his crack pipe, excuse me, crack pot theories.

I think you may have spoke too soon.

News Flash: Apple to hold press event next Thursday

By AppleInsider Staff

Published: 01:00 PM EST

Apple Computer next week will hold a special briefing in the heart of Manhattan for analysts and members of the media, AppleInsider has learned.

The event is scheduled for Thursday, May 18th at 10am ET, the day before the Mac maker will open a new 20,000-square-foot retail store at 767 Fifth Avenue at 59th Street in Midtown, Manhattan.

In the invites to the event, Apple welcomed analysts and members of the media to preview the new flagship retail location ahead of its Friday evening grand opening, but did not hint at any product introductions.

The event appears to be limited in terms of attendance.

Developing story....

• Reply 4 of 7
    dr. jdr. j Posts: 39member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

I think you may have spoke too soon.

News Flash: Apple to hold press event next Thursday

By AppleInsider Staff

Published: 01:00 PM EST

Apple Computer next week will hold a special briefing in the heart of Manhattan for analysts and members of the media, AppleInsider has learned.

The event is scheduled for Thursday, May 18th at 10am ET, the day before the Mac maker will open a new 20,000-square-foot retail store at 767 Fifth Avenue at 59th Street in Midtown, Manhattan.

In the invites to the event, Apple welcomed analysts and members of the media to preview the new flagship retail location ahead of its Friday evening grand opening, but did not hint at any product introductions.

The event appears to be limited in terms of attendance.

Developing story....

uh......LOLLERSKATES.

Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

Here we go again.

Apr 24 - ?

GarageBand 3.0.2 Update

Xsan 1.3 Update

FileMaker Pro 8.0v2

FileMaker Pro 8.0v2 Advanced

May ?

New hardware of some sort.

Assuming they release another update or 2.

Yeah, so apparently rongold was in fact the only person in the entire world that said the iBook update will be soon. Did he nail a day? no. A week? no. A month? no. He just picked May (1 out of 12 months, coincidentally the month that a couple dozen rumor sites also picked after being WRONG the first time about the update) and a piece of Apple HW (non-specific, therefore 1 out of 20+) and considering that Apple updates hardware anywhere from 1 - 12 months after release, he might as well have thrown a dart at a board with months on it.

I got no beef with rongold, he's just having some fun in his free time. What I got beef with is people trying to act like they got Apple pegged. Apple doesn't even know when Apple is going to release something. SOOOOO if you're going to be throwing around this 'it looks like you may have spoken too soon' bullshit, you might as well say it to everyone else on these boards. What happens if nothing is introduced on Thursday, or if it's not the MacBook? Then it looks like you might have spoken too soon.

GG NO RE K THX.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Every site has predicted a MacBook/iBook update every month since the MB Pro came out. It's not like they are actually predicting anything. If they do it every month forever it's bound to happen eventually.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I wouldn't bank on rongold's theories, however, all large institutions tend to develop patterns by which they conduct themselves. Rongold's theory is an intriguing one. Namely, that before they put new hardware out the door they release a slew of lesser updates and enhancements to their software. This makes sense as hardware needs continue to advance the software must be updated to take advantage/maintain compliance with the new hardware.

If the ibooks come out next thursday/friday that would be great. If however there is some other hardware announcement then rongold is closer to being proven correct.

Apple could then change the pattern yet again. Nothing in this world is a certain.

This is a rumor site. We discuss conjecture and try to read tea leaves.

You should chill.

And you still may have spoken too soon.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr. J

uh......LOLLERSKATES.

Yeah, so apparently rongold was in fact the only person in the entire world that said the iBook update will be soon. Did he nail a day? no. A week? no. A month? no.

My theory does include a date based on the frequency/quantity of software updates. These explosions of updates last 2 or 3 weeks, with new hardware coming the following week.

There is a question mark in that quote of yours because the cycle was still ongoing - AND because I personally couldn't believe that Apple would start another huge explosion of updates right after the previous cycle (which was also quite large in number) ending only just a week earlier followed by the announcement of the 17" MBP.

Now we all know that Apple usually announces new hardware on Tuesdays. That puts the announcement of new hardware at May 16, 2006.

For example:

April 24 - May 12, Apple released the following updates - which is an unusually high number... again

GarageBand 3.0.2 Update

Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.3.9

Xsan 1.3 Uninstaller

Xsan Admin 1.3 Update

Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.4

FileMaker Pro 8.0v2

FileMaker Pro 8.0v2 Advanced

Keynote 3.0.1

Pages 2.0.1

Apple Keyboard Update 1.0

Keynote Update 3.0.1v2

Pages Update 2.0.1v2

Aperture 1.1.1

Logic Pro 7.2.1.

dot Mac 4.x Update

Front Row 1.2.2

QuickTime 7.1

Security Update 2006-003 Mac OS X 10.4.6 Client (PPC)

Security Update 2006-003 Mac OS X 10.4.6 Client (Intel)

Security Update 2006-003 (10.3.9 Client)

Security Update 2006-003 (10.4.6 Server)

Security Update 2006-003 (10.3.9 Server)

Noting this means the following week is set to hold the release of some sort of new Apple hardware. Probably May 16, 2006.

BUT, it DOES remain to be seen.