Macbook networking & also virtualization

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Two items....

Since I've had my MacBook, i've had to reboot my d-link gaming router (DGL-4100) multiple times. Coincidence? I don't know but with the Macbook off it seems solid... right now its plugged into a gigabit port and the wireless on it is 'on' but not connected right (invalid password). Perhaps that is the issue?

Question: I heard that the Mac Mini's virtualization was turned off. Is this true with the MacBook? How would I know if its enabled or not? This is important for me to use Parallels...

thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    Quote:

Question: I heard that the Mac Mini's virtualization was turned off. Is this true with the MacBook? How would I know if its enabled or not? This is important for me to use Parallels...

I have two minis, bought them about a week after they cam out, both have the intel virtualization turned on, and one is currently running bootcamp.

As for the macbook, there are reports going around (i forget where) that claim the virtualisation is on, and you should have no problems with parralels. Besides, even without the intel-vt, parralels still works.

Noah