Tiger Woods DirectX Error?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok I just bought Tiger Woods 2005 for my iBook. I installed it and I have the CD inserted. I start the program and a black screen comes up like it is beginning to load.

Then a error message comes up. That says...

"TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2005

The DirectX error '0x80004005' occured while setting the specified video resolution. Unable to continue

OK"

Is there anyway to make it work or do I need to return this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Still not sure what the problem is, returning it on Wednesday if nobody can help. I want to keep it though, any suggestions?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    What resolution is it trying to use? Can you manually set the resolution before you start the game?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    No I dont think so. I installed the game by dragging the file to my app folder. Then with the CD inserted I double click on the game and it brings up that black screen with the error message then when I click the ok button it closes. There is no option for me to chose a resolution, that I can see.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,336moderator
    Do you have the latest patch?:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/mo...3828&mode=info

Also, can you hold alt while launching to see if a preference pane comes up to set the resolution.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Marvin

Do you have the latest patch?:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/mo...3828&mode=info

Also, can you hold alt while launching to see if a preference pane comes up to set the resolution.

I think that patch is for Tiger Woods 2003 only? I have 05. Ill try holding alt to see what happens.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,336moderator
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

I think that patch is for Tiger Woods 2003 only? I have 05. Ill try holding alt to see what happens.

That's weird. The google link said 2005 and then the actual page said 2003.

Try searching for a config file for PGA tour. Normally they reside in one of your user directories. It may end in .cfg or .config. These normally have display mode settings that you should be able to change.

If you installed it by dragging, it may be that the config file is stored inside the application icon so right-click or ctrl-click and show package contents. It might be in the resources folder. Look for something like default.cfg.

What is really strange is that you are getting a DirectX error on a Mac system. It's probably just an error message that didn't get changed for the port though.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Is this on Windows?