Where are the 5G recording attachments?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Maybe it has come up recently, but my search attempts didn't find it.

As Apple had eliminated the old remote control jack, there aren't any recording accessories for the 5G iPod. The manual gives an impression that one could be bought at Apple's store but there isn't one that I can find.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    There's one here. CD quality with a mic that can be swapped.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

Too bad it's not out yet.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    According to someone hosting questions (forget the name...) on a recent MacWorld Live podcast, a few companies are about ready to produce some form of recording attachment for the 5G iPod, but Apple has not yet produced some chip or chipset that would allow such a device to communicate properly with this generation of iPod. I'll try to track down the specific podcast, if time allows or someone here does not beat me first, so that you are able to hear the information straight from the source yourself.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    Interestingly enough, I ran accross this little gadget this morning.

http://playlistmag.com/news/2006/06/...ereo/index.php

You may find the above link helpful...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Donny

According to someone hosting questions (forget the name...) on a recent MacWorld Live podcast, a few companies are about ready to produce some form of recording attachment for the 5G iPod, but Apple has not yet produced some chip or chipset that would allow such a device to communicate properly with this generation of iPod. I'll try to track down the specific podcast, if time allows or someone here does not beat me first, so that you are able to hear the information straight from the source yourself.

I'm not sure why they needed Apple to release the chips unless Apple doesn't release the control information for third parties to program their own.

I didn't see such a recording description, what was the main topic of that show episode?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

They are now talking about a ship date of early July.