MacBook Speed & Temps

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My MacBook, regardless I'm wondering why the fans never work and unespectedly shuts down randomly (see my last post) normally works between 70 and 77/78°C (158-172°F) at 1.0 GHZ with, I suspect, L2 disabled as overall performance is greatly reduced if compared to 1,5Ghz nominal speed (from Core Duo Temp Utlity). Is this normal or is it another simptom that something is not working as fans never startup (and sometimes, as already said, suddenly shuts down)? I cant' believe Apple gave us a machine for 2,0Ghz that works at 1.0 Ghz for 99% of the time...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    I think someone responded in your other post. Return it... simple as that. If your temp is going that high and you are experiencing shutdowns and your fan isn't going on, there is clearly a problem.

Lets not resort to saying "I cant' believe Apple gave us a machine for 2,0Ghz that works at 1.0 Ghz for 99% of the time". Most people have been very happy with their MacBooks. Unfortunately, it just sounds like you may have a faulty one. That happens now and then. I'm sure Apple will be happy to repair or replace it... either way, they'll make good by you.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    majortommajortom Posts: 33member
    Of course the MacBook is going back for repair (or replace... can't remember our local policy) but I was just wondering how it/will should be...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    majortommajortom Posts: 33member
    I solved it!!! 3 Hard Reset (few seconds) one each other. 6 PRAM chimes didn't help!