How reliable is Bootcamp?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My friend is considering switching to the Mac, and she's wondering if she end up not liking Mac OS X (however unlikely that may be), would she be able to run Windows XP reliably full time on the MacBook. Reliability in this case means at least as reliable as other name brand Wintel computers (HP, IBM, etc.). I'm wary about this because Apple says they won't officially support Windows.

Other question. Will there be a hack to allow iSight and the Apple Remote to work with Windows?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jsnuff1jsnuff1 Posts: 37member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giba

My friend is considering switching to the Mac, and she's wondering if she end up not liking Mac OS X (however unlikely that may be), would she be able to run Windows XP reliably full time on the MacBook. Reliability in this case means at least as reliable as other name brand Wintel computers (HP, IBM, etc.). I'm wary about this because Apple says they won't officially support Windows.

Other question. Will there be a hack to allow iSight and the Apple Remote to work with Windows?

Thanks

tell her yes either way...once she goes mac she wont go back
  • Reply 2 of 4
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giba

Boot Camp is beta software.

I think it's a safe assumption that when Apple ships the golden master version the full range of drivers will be included...although I not sure what the Apple remote's role would be in Windows.

It would also be nice if Apple would install an easy to use key remapper, much like a Startup Disk control panel is installed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ikaika Posts: 52member
    Does it recognize the microphone or external hard drives?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ika

Does it recognize the microphone or external hard drives?

Yes, and yes.