Star Wars Episode III is now on cable...

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
and despite it's suckiness in dialogue and storyline I still watched it to the end...

Gosh darn I WISH George Lucas put more effort into this story. The CGI and green screen and special effects were great BUT...BUT, what made Star Wars immortal was it's story.

There was just no flow to Ep III...it was just scenes....no true connection...you could see what it COULD have been but it just didn't happen...

But I still watched it. gotta watch it. because we have nothing else...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah, 3 and 2 were...okay...but the acting was complete shit. Lucas should not have DIRECTED. OR had so much control in writing the screenplay.

Oh well I hope 7,8, and 9 are great.

c'mon, you KNOW they'll get done.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I saw the last half of it on HBO last night...THAT SUCKED...worst 3d ever, the 3D charicters all looked like a video game...the whole movie felt more like an xbox (NON-360) game...SAD...

And the story...sooooo predictabe....Anikan turns to the dark side!!! NO WAY...Never saw that coming...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

IAnd the story...sooooo predictabe....Anikan turns to the dark side!!! NO WAY...Never saw that coming...

• Reply 4 of 11
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    The problem is that they changed the target audience to 10 year olds. By dumbing down the scripts they lost the magic to the adults. Sadly this was totally unnecessary because the 10 y/o's would have loved it no mater what.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Corey

The problem is that they changed the target audience to 10 year olds. By dumbing down the scripts they lost the magic to the adults. Sadly this was totally unnecessary because the 10 y/o's would have loved it no mater what.

I agree.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Oh well I hope 7,8, and 9 are great.

c'mon, you KNOW they'll get done.

I doubt there will ever be another trilogy, but there's a definite need for two more films, one on either end of the current trilogy.

We need a real prequel, set in the early days of the Jedi and their defeat of the Sith.

Then we need a real ending, with the next generation of Skywalkers continuing the fight against the Sith who was on the outer rim during ROTJ.

Then we're done.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I guess you're supposed to get the DVD, turn on the Italian track, and pretend it's opera.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

Best. Post. Ever.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I liked 3. Star Wars has never had great acting -- don't delude yourselves. The strength of Star Wars is and has always been the fun story and the visuals. Problems seemed to arise in Episodes one and two because they were trying too hard to please everyone, and ended up pleasing very few. But overall Episode three was a great movie experience. I put it right behind 5, and ahead of 4 and 6 (and 2 and 1).
  • Reply 10 of 11
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    I really liked 2 and 3 for the action, Christopher Lee and all the lightsabre duels.

As far as story and dialogue goes it's not an uncommon thing in todays world of CGI, directors are overwhelmed by it and it tends to dominate the movie during and beyond the production process.

As far as predictability goes, when you're dealing with a prequel, of course there's going to be an element of predictability to it, as if Anakin was going to let Mace Windu kill Palpatine and stay good.

I'm currently reading the prelude to Dune books, I can be sure about some of the things that will happen, I guess the enjoyment comes from seeing how things unfold that way, whether the author/director handles it well.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I liked 3. Star Wars has never had great acting -- don't delude yourselves. The strength of Star Wars is and has always been the fun story and the visuals. Problems seemed to arise in Episodes one and two because they were trying too hard to please everyone, and ended up pleasing very few. But overall Episode three was a great movie experience. I put it right behind 5, and ahead of 4 and 6 (and 2 and 1).

Agreed. Reading back through this thread I kept wondering if I'd watched the same movie(s) as some of these folks.