How long did it take you to get your computer from Apple?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How long did it take you to get your computer from Apple? I was too cheap and chose free shipping (8-12 business days) instead of the 23 buck (3-5). That was a mistake. I can't stand waiting this long for a $2000 computer, I want it now.

I have purchased direct from Apple's website before and I've never had to wait this long. I ordered last Wednesday. I figured it would be here by now, but there is no sign. When I checked the status and it was shipped it said Sameday. Guess what? That is the name of the stupid shipping company, they tricked me good. And, there is no tracking until it reaches Canada because it is a Canadian company.

I have shipped cross-country to Vancouver and it only took 2 days via Canada Post and some courier can't get a package from California to even Mississauga in a week? I guess I can't call and complain until 12 business days are up, but I am getting really impatient.

Moral of the story, pay the $23 and don't be cheap like me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    I had it within 30 minutes (in an Apple store)
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ronaldoronaldo Posts: 439member
    Took me 10 days to get mine 'cause I was also too cheap to to pay the $23
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Took me 4 minutes.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    It took my friend 6 days to get his iMac g5 from Apple, and he too took standard freight. It is not that bad, is it?

Noah
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I did the free shipping for my BLack Macbook with no upgrades, and i recived it in 3 days, and it shipped in about 8 hours
  • Reply 6 of 10
    filis10filis10 Posts: 6member
    took me 10 days. I ordered a White 2 GHz MacBook on the day it came out and the wait was difficult to say the least! Living in the UK, we haven't got a choice for the $23 delivery you speak of
  • Reply 7 of 10
    lakingsfnlakingsfn Posts: 141member
    Took me 2 days to get my Mac Mini but 4 to get the wireless keyboard/mouse to go with it.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    Awesome! I post a rant and it comes the very next day! It took half a day once it was in Canada. Do Americans not know how to get here? JK
  • Reply 9 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

How long did it take you to get your computer from Apple?

Well, about 3 minutes, see we had a 5 minute window before the police would respond to the silent alarm and...oops...Ive said too much
  • Reply 10 of 10
    It took me six days, but in business days it was only three. I used the free shipping too. I was happy.