Who's waiting for the new iPod?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    mstrhnkymstrhnky Posts: 4member
    We all have a good idea of what the new Ipod will bring (widescreen touchscreen, etc.), but do we have any evidence of when it will be coming out? I'm willing ot wait until August 1st. If it won't be out by then, I'd rather just pick one up now.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BWhaler

I am.

I have the 60gig 5g black iPod for videos. But I want a bigger drive and bigger screen.

(And if Apple can make it more scratch resistant, then that would be great too.)

no who dosnt want this? but that guy i quoted wants a physically bigger ipod like the 1g ones.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    I too am waiting for the next Nano hopefully in a 6 or 8gb capacity either will do just perfectly. And hopefully a recording attachment for the Nano.
  • Reply 24 of 40
    qtran77qtran77 Posts: 1member
    I am waiting for an iPod...especially since mine broke a few days ago. The harddrive spins but then it dies and can't follow through. It especially strange that I only received my Macbook only days before.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    I do not have a video iPod so these features might already be included.

1) support for chapters/scenes so you can skip through them.

2) able to display scene list similar to how you can view photos.

3) have a way to pick up the movie where you stopped it even if you play music, view photos, etc

Related items are:

1) Universal dock with Front Row Lite (i.e. no QuickTime trailers)
  • Reply 26 of 40
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    u can already pick up where u left off for anything on the ipod songs, music videos, and movies. u just have to set it up that way on ur computer.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    I was waiting....... but then my cat decided to urinate in my backpack with my iPod in it! A quick call to my insurer and I had a 30gb iPod Video in two days....

Anyway, I won't be upgrading until the "full screen" ipod arrives (if/when)... and even then I'll be waiting til the second generation so Apple can iron out the bugs that will most-likely plague the first gen. versions.

b.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

I do not have a video iPod so these features might already be included.

1) support for chapters/scenes so you can skip through them.

2) able to display scene list similar to how you can view photos.

3) have a way to pick up the movie where you stopped it even if you play music, view photos, etc

Related items are:

1) Universal dock with Front Row Lite (i.e. no QuickTime trailers)

Upper 1.2.3: Some company already makes a device that can do this... Apple needs to play catch-up.

Lower one: this is already out as a third party accessory.
  • Reply 29 of 40
    kratoskratos Posts: 21member
    Wouldn't a touch screen be a little sensitive for an iPod? People do put these in their pockets. - Techrestore.com would be making a killing on screen replacements.

But I did see a touch screen iPod mockup with the OSX interface in a post a while ago... It was sweet looking, and I'd buy one for sure, even though I will have to be 10 times more careful than I am with my 20GB 4th Gen.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/2006...04250_full.jpg

Found it! Took me a while, but I got it. I really REALLY do love the look of it.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kratos

Found it! Took me a while, but I got it. I really REALLY do love the look of it.

WOW WOW WOW

now add wifi so ican download itunes, safari to browse and bt 2.o

and i'd say

MEGA WOW
  • Reply 32 of 40
    What would be really nice, is to use it like the Sonos sound system. (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/04...p80/page5.html) Be able to access your iTunes on your computer through your iPod? I'd say that would be a HUGE selling point.

What do you think?
  • Reply 33 of 40
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 111adam

i'm waiting for a ipod touch, widescreen. hope it comes out!!

Adam--

A full touch-screen iPod has been talked about a lot.. but who wants to be touching their screen all the time! Fingerprint-party no?
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Quote:

A full touch-screen iPod has been talked about a lot.. but who wants to be touching their screen all the time! Fingerprint-party no?

That's what I was thinking. People do put these in their pockets along with other things. People also lean on things while their iPod is in their pocket, so damage would be a HUGE concern for me.

But... If apple did decide to go touch-screen, I think they should go with that mockup I posted earlier with the OSX interface. And if they could integrate operating iTunes on your computers sound system from anywhere in the house, that would be sweet too.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    I gave in and decided not to wait any longer. I got the 30GB video.

I must say that I'm very happy with it. It took me a while to figure out that you have to organize your music files trough iTunes first, and then move it to your iPod. I created a second set of files for all of my music on my hard drive specifically for iTunes. I don't want to touch the originals until I back them up on a DVD.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't wait. Plus, I've got the 3 year service plan, so I'm fully covered if anything happens (it was free, so I couldn't say no!)
  • Reply 36 of 40
    MEEEE

but im a bit disappointed that there will not be a touch screen...
  • Reply 37 of 40
    I'm a loyal Mac user and have coveted the iPods since they first came out, but I have never bought one because I cannot justify over $100 for a portable music player...

When will I be able to buy a NEW iPod with reasonable storage space (4 GB, perhaps, maybe more) for under $100?

I would have expected that after so many years, the price point of the lowest model would have come down by now. Instead, Apple continues to increase storage capacity (don't need), add video (don't care to watch video on a tiny screen), reduce the size (thanks, but the original size for under $100 would be fine), and tweak functionality.

Maybe these changes have expanded the target market, but I fear they have only caused the original target market to want the latest and greatest. They figure the battery is running out on the old one, so might as well get the new model.

I'll say it again: I'm not getting into the game until I can pay less than $100. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Peter

PS - If I could add iCal appointments to an iPod and later sync it to my Powerbook - then I think I could pay $200.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kratos

Yeah if this came out the wait would be over for me. I like the current iPod but I just want something a tad bit better.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by CoolHandPete

I'm a loyal Mac user and have coveted the iPods since they first came out, but I have never bought one because I cannot justify over $100 for a portable music player...

When will I be able to buy a NEW iPod with reasonable storage space (4 GB, perhaps, maybe more) for under $100?

I would have expected that after so many years, the price point of the lowest model would have come down by now. Instead, Apple continues to increase storage capacity (don't need), add video (don't care to watch video on a tiny screen), reduce the size (thanks, but the original size for under $100 would be fine), and tweak functionality.

Maybe these changes have expanded the target market, but I fear they have only caused the original target market to want the latest and greatest. They figure the battery is running out on the old one, so might as well get the new model.

I'll say it again: I'm not getting into the game until I can pay less than $100. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Peter

PS - If I could add iCal appointments to an iPod and later sync it to my Powerbook - then I think I could pay $200.

Once you have one you'll be able to justify buying one (for better or worse).

An iPod is one of those things I can't live without. Other than my computer, the internet, and human contact.

I'm on my third and the time in between them when I was iPod-less was hell :/