Import photos from Mail to iPhoto (Tip)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Could be common knowledge, but I just found this out tonight and wanted to share.

Before, when I wanted to import a picture from an email into iPhoto, I would save the picture, then drag it to iPhoto.

However, to easily import photos from emails into iPhoto, just hit the "slideshow" button. Then, when you want to import a photo, just hit the button on the dashboard that is on the slideshow. The transition effect here is awesome!

Just another reason to love your mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I know, it's very impressive the first time you see it. I was like, wow! Here's a demo:

If it's the first time you've seen this, then maybe you haven't seen the index sheet button in action (two buttons left of the "add to iPhoto" button). You click this button when you have a number of images in the same eMail to view then all, and this happens:

In case anyone's curious, they're famous soccer players wives.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trojan_13

Could be common knowledge, but I just found this out tonight and wanted to share.

Before, when I wanted to import a picture from an email into iPhoto, I would save the picture, then drag it to iPhoto.

However, to easily import photos from emails into iPhoto, just hit the "slideshow" button. Then, when you want to import a photo, just hit the button on the dashboard that is on the slideshow. The transition effect here is awesome!

Just another reason to love your mac.

An even easier way to import photos into iPhoto is to press and hold the 'Save' button and when the list of photos appears scroll to the botton and select 'Add to iPhoto'.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

In case anyone's curious, they're famous soccer players wives.

What do the wives of non-famous soccer players look like?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    you need to forward that email on to me
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

What do the wives of non-famous soccer players look like?