fake leopard screenshot contest

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daffy_Duck

Now that I have read the entire thread I am pretty sure the mockup for the finder I was referring to was made by Shidoshi which has entered some particularly fine mockups into this contest.

His real name isn't actually Shidoshi, but he did win. He got first place.

His name is Erik Patterson
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Actually, it's Eric, not Erik. *heh*

My version of the Finder is a bit pro, yes, but I'd like to see Apple push more features forward with the option of using them or not depending on what you're looking for. For example, like how right now you can turn icon previews for images or the info text on or off. I also had to deal with trying to get across a number of the ideas I wanted to show in a relatively few amount of screenshots. It was tough for me trying to decide which ideas I wanted to show, and which I'd have to nix, because I think there's a lot of progress that the Finder can (and must) make, especially in regards to Column view.

Some of the ideas came from an old 10.5 Finder mock-up I put together last year, which is here if you're curious.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by shidoshi

Actually, it's Eric, not Erik. *heh*

My version of the Finder is a bit pro, yes, but I'd like to see Apple push more features forward with the option of using them or not depending on what you're looking for. For example, like how right now you can turn icon previews for images or the info text on or off. I also had to deal with trying to get across a number of the ideas I wanted to show in a relatively few amount of screenshots. It was tough for me trying to decide which ideas I wanted to show, and which I'd have to nix, because I think there's a lot of progress that the Finder can (and must) make, especially in regards to Column view.

Some of the ideas came from an old 10.5 Finder mock-up I put together last year, which is here if you're curious.

Congratulations!!

p.s. I see you like Japanese/Chinese women
  • Reply 24 of 27
    daffy_duckdaffy_duck Posts: 248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Congratulations!!

p.s. I see you like Japanese/Chinese women

He has good taste.

(see link in my profile)
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

He has good taste.

(see link in my profile)

Is that you and yours?

If yes, then a congratulations is in order for you too.

p.s. If that's your photography, you must be a pro, right?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    daffy_duckdaffy_duck Posts: 248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Is that you and yours?

If yes, then a congratulations is in order for you too.

p.s. If that's your photography, you must be a pro, right?

Thank you. That is in fact me and mine. I am not a pro however. I just enjoy photography as a hobby.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:

Thank you. That is in fact me and mine. I am not a pro however. I just enjoy photography as a hobby.

You're very welcome! Tell your wife I said she's a stunner. Keep up the photography by the way, you're very talanted.