for the people with the white MACs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello everyone,

A simple question(tried the search option but couldnt find a thread). If any of you have been to an Apple store you will see the white laptops, in my case the first thing that caught my eyes is the brownish discoloration of the mouse pad from repetitive use by the customers.

My question is do any of you who own there white Macbooks or ibooks have brown(discolored) mouse pads, do you know of a way to clean it back to white or is this a discoloration that cant be cleaned. If that is the case then this will be my decision making point to purchase a black Macbook instead of a White.

Thank you for your time

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by MACTIME

Hello everyone,

A simple question(tried the search option but couldnt find a thread). If any of you have been to an Apple store you will see the white laptops, in my case the first thing that caught my eyes is the brownish discoloration of the mouse pad from repetitive use by the customers.

My question is do any of you who own there white Macbooks or ibooks have brown(discolored) mouse pads, do you know of a way to clean it back to white or is this a discoloration that cant be cleaned. If that is the case then this will be my decision making point to purchase a black Macbook instead of a White.

Thank you for your time

Take it back and get a new one...8)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Take it back and get a new one...8)

Try reading people's posts before replying to them.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MACTIME

(tried the search option but couldnt find a thread).

This website's search function is broken, and has been for a while. It sure would be nice if they would fix it one of these days.

On to addressing your actual question:

Some of the early white MacBooks were discovered to have a material defect which led to a discolouration of the casework. Apple will replace any discoloured MacBook due to defect.

Otherwise, there are plenty of cleaning materials that should work (I've heard that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are quite good, but have never tried one myself). Of course, it's a good idea to keep your hands clean and food & drink well away from your machine if you want to keep it clean. I've had a white MacBook for a while now and it's still spotless.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

Try reading people's posts before replying to them.

Try understanding sarcasm...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ppp1182ppp1182 Posts: 19member
    Word is that Macbooks manufactured after June (or July???) 12th are uneffected.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mactimemactime Posts: 11member
    thank you for the fast replies.