Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpamSandwich

Your comments?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/chocolate/

These forums aren't of chocolate flavor/flavour

However, I know why you made this thread. You think Apple is working on their own cellphone, and you're nervous. I can assure you that Apple is not working on a cell phone! Apple is working on THE cellphone. The "iPod Phone". Have a pleasant sleep tonight, cause Apple wont let you down
  • Reply 2 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Hey, look at that. . . a Taiwanese company flagrantly copying the look.

I actually have an el cheapo LG phone that is surprisingly similar in design. I do like the sliding mechanism, although I question their motive to make the phone controls secondary.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

These forums aren't of chocolate flavor/flavour

However, I know why you made this thread. You think Apple is working on their own cellphone, and you're nervous. I can assure you that Apple is not working on a cell phone! Apple is working on THE cellphone. The "iPod Phone". Have a pleasant sleep tonight, cause Apple wont let you down

You think you know me because I'm part Irish, don't you? 8) ...and don't say "which part".
  • Reply 4 of 9
    The chocolate got a pretty scathing review from Walter Mossberg of the WSJ. We all know he's biased, but he brings up a lot of concrete evidence to make the point that the chocolate is a chintsey device, and that, as expected, it has been crippled by Verizon to near-worthlessness.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    WSJ's a pay site (of course). any quotes? links?

--B
  • Reply 6 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Turns out that "Chocolate" may be bad for you.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articleA...onesflawed.php
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bergz

WSJ's a pay site (of course). any quotes? links?

--B

bergz: I read it in the print edition, which was lying around in someone else's kitchen. So all I can do is have you trust me that it was a scathing review.

The bottom line is that you have to pay extra for a 2G memory card ($100), that the scroll whell doesn't scroll at all (it's just four buttons), the OS is awful, and that it's difficult to load on MP3s other than those you download from Verizon for $2 each. When you do, all you get are filenames -- no ID tag information.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Avoid THIS PHONE

AND ALL SLIDERS...tehy break WAY too easy.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    I don't know... I have an old slider that works just great.