Official WWDC 2006 Countdown Thread..!!

Comments

• Reply 161 of 231
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

As far as you know, there was probably something so scarring you have blocked it from your memory.

I'm sorry, but I think I'll have a hard time pushing the drugs though. The most my friends have ever done are shots of Jone's Soda Holiday Flavors. Sadly, I wasn't there for that event.

Oh, and 14 hours and 46 minutes.

Yeah, sometimes things just have to take their time. Glad you're not too upset or obsessed about it, by the sounds of things. Back in 2nd year of college/ uni I went on the university-organised ski trip. That was ballistic. Da kids were getting massively drunk, chicks were dropping their pants on the dance floor, and a lot more stuff that would probably put those Spring Break websites to shame. Well, maybe not *that* wild, but things were kinda crazy. I just ended up most nights chatting to a not-so-drunk girl that kept her pants on (we caught up once or twice after the ski trip, it was kinda those non-date type situations, but I think she was a bit confused because she thought it was a date) and one night at a food/bar joint on the mountain, ended up sitting with two daughters and a chaperone - their mum This was in 1998 or so. 2003-2004, somewhat different. Stories for another day
  • Reply 162 of 231
    Quote:

Who all is in that club now? I don't really pay that much attention to other's post count. Right now I just want the 1000 post club. Too bad I'm far off.

Well the moderators have pretty high post counts, 4000-6000 or so. I haven't seen *that* many close to 5000, but I mainly hang out only on certain parts of the forums.

I actually can't believe I'm going to reach 5000, AppleInsider has been a big part of my life, giving some excitement and intellectual stimulation since I haven't been working and I have been on medication the past year and a half.

Don't post just for posting's sake. Enjoy the forums When you're hooked, one day you'll wake up and go, OMFG I AM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO APPLEINSIDER. Then you'll seek help from some support group. That meets in an online forum...!!! Ha hahaahhahah
  • Reply 163 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Yeah, sometimes things just have to take their time. Glad you're not too upset or obsessed about it, by the sounds of things. Back in 2nd year of college/ uni I went on the university-organised ski trip. That was ballistic. Da kids were getting massively drunk, chicks were dropping their pants on the dance floor, and a lot more stuff that would probably put those Spring Break websites to shame. Well, maybe not *that* wild, but things were kinda crazy. I just ended up most nights chatting to a not-so-drunk girl that kept her pants on (we caught up once or twice after the ski trip, it was kinda those non-date type situations, but I think she was a bit confused because she thought it was a date) and one night at a food/bar joint on the mountain, ended up sitting with two daughters and a chaperone - their mum This was in 1998 or so. 2003-2004, somewhat different. Stories for another day

Sounds like a good time there. You're right about the not too upset part. I don't particularly care about it. I can have a good time without stuff. My friends know about that too, which is nice. Speaking of another time, my friend was in a situation kind of like that. He was on a leadership retreat and they had a dance. He returned with tales of sex on the dance floor and drug use in a government building at a government funded camp. Funny stuff.

13 hours, 52 minutes
  • Reply 164 of 231
    Quote:

Who all is in that club now? I don't really pay that much attention to other's post count. Right now I just want the 1000 post club. Too bad I'm far off.

Click members, then click the posts link to sort by posts. It looks like 23 people in the over-5000 club, but one of them was banned.
  • Reply 165 of 231
    There are also 183 over 1000 posts (the club you're shooting for), and 350 in the over-500 group (my casual goal by year's end). Out of over 25,000 users, that's actually not that many.

P.S. I totally agree this isn't a competition, it's just sort of interesting.
  • Reply 166 of 231
    Quote:

Sounds like a good time there. You're right about the not too upset part. I don't particularly care about it. I can have a good time without stuff. My friends know about that too, which is nice. Speaking of another time, my friend was in a situation kind of like that. He was on a leadership retreat and they had a dance. He returned with tales of sex on the dance floor and drug use in a government building at a government funded camp. Funny stuff.

13 hours, 52 minutes

Yeah, I'm 28 now and it's been, what, 28 years of growing up Drugs, alcohol or whatever, it all depends on the situation. I was doing Yoga once or twice a week for a few months here and there in 2003 and that's like Xanax http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanax

In the later years of high school you hear all sorts of tales (and I went to some parties with the usual making out/ sex in the bushes and what not) but I was hanging out with some pretty serious Christians - they seemed to be quite nice and accommodating, although actually I hung out with them because I was obsessed over this one girl...

Getting close to 30, the focus be shifting slowly to other things -- with the parents getting old and relatives more scattered, you need someone there to you know, have your back. Another words, looking for a partner. You can still have a lot of crazy fun sexual or non-sexual adventures with your partner, at least in your 20s and 30s before the babies show up

I'm ambivalent on drug use. It can be a useful release for some people, it can and has been historically used for spiritual growth. It can also mess you up and put you in a spiral of friends and activities that lead only downwards.
  • Reply 167 of 231
    Quote:

Well the moderators have pretty high post counts, 4000-6000 or so. I haven't seen *that* many close to 5000, but I mainly hang out only on certain parts of the forums.

I actually can't believe I'm going to reach 5000, AppleInsider has been a big part of my life, giving some excitement and intellectual stimulation since I haven't been working and I have been on medication the past year and a half.

Don't post just for posting's sake. Enjoy the forums When you're hooked, one day you'll wake up and go, OMFG I AM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO APPLEINSIDER. Then you'll seek help from some support group. That meets in an online forum...!!! Ha hahaahhahah

Oh, I don't post for posting sake. I generally only post if I have something to say. That's why I only posted on this thread today. I've actually been reading it since the beginning. I didn't really know what WWDC was until I saw this thread and read up about it. I think I'm already addicted. I am constantly checking AppleOutsider and General Discussion. Those are my two favorite haunts. Of course I check the other forums too, but not with as much fervor. I do like the Mac OS forum. I learn a lot in there. I have a dream that one day I will be seen as part of the in crowd. Like you, Chucker, Placebo, Melgross, CosmoNut, and the lot. Just too many to mention. I don't know what I would do without this place.
  • Reply 168 of 231
    Quote:

... I will be seen as part of the in crowd. Like you, Chucker, Placebo, Melgross, CosmoNut, and the lot...

I'm in the in crowd? Most of my posts are generally flirting close to a ban. The others actually have pages-long discussions on things like the Woodcrest board NorthBridge and all that hardcore technical stuff. And Placebo, heh. He's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
  • Reply 169 of 231
    Quote:

I'm in the in crowd? Most of my posts are generally flirting close to a ban. The others actually have pages-long discussions on things like the Woodcrest board NorthBridge and all that hardcore technical stuff. And Placebo, heh. He's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Comedic relief, I believe. The community here is amazing. It's like what TheBlackHat said about being able to write a dissertation about these boards for some pysch degree. I find the history here amazing. Like the split, and the TRC. Great stuff. The long discussions are boring to read mostly. It's usually just an argument for pages on end and if you read the first 4 or so you get the gist. Eventually they just evolve into personal attacks. That's really interesting. I remember months ago when Kim Kap Sol and Placebo went at each other hard. It was very entertaining.
  • Reply 170 of 231
    Heck, I agree with TheBlackHat. Someone could totally write not just a dissertation, but a book (granted, they're pretty similar length-wise) on internet communities. It's something that I think a lot of sub-30s people get, and a lot of over-30 people don't. It was like this for geeks for a decade or more, but now it's becoming a much more common thing.

It's nice to have a group of friends who are spread out geographically but share the same interest as you.
  • Reply 171 of 231
    13 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 172 of 231
    Would that I could know the end of this day before it comes. but it is enough to know that the day shall end, and then the end shall be known.

Brutus.
  • Reply 173 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Would that I could know the end of this day before it comes. but it is enough to know that the day shall end, and then the end shall be known.

Brutus.

Is that from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar? I don't remember, but I love the quote. Anyway, I came to say that I must leave, and that I will return tomorrow evening after all has been announced.

12 hours 30 minutes
  • Reply 174 of 231
    Yeah, it's from Caesar. Like Act 4 or so I think. Good night. I also have to sleep soon.

12 hours, 17 minutes.
  • Reply 175 of 231
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I miss jojos. (Potato wedges in the NW.) Lightly breaded, and spiced. Yum.
  • Reply 176 of 231
    Yeah, potato wedges were about the only thing the dining hall did right last semester.

11 hours, 47 minutes (well under the half-day mark). I'm off to bed, see all you guys post-keynote (work from 8:30 to 5).

Good night, and good luck on whatever it is you're personally hoping for (cheaper 20" ACD and low-end Quad for me).
  • Reply 177 of 231
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    11 Hours & 34 Minutes
  • Reply 178 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

...It's nice to have a group of friends who are spread out geographically but share the same interest as you...

Awww... Feel the AppleInsider luv y'all. **Hugs All Around**
  • Reply 179 of 231
    10 Hours and 30 minutes
  • Reply 180 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha

I miss jojos. (Potato wedges in the NW.) Lightly breaded, and spiced. Yum.

Are you no longer a Moderator ?? Edit: Is that pronounced with a Jay as in Joh Johs or is that HoHo's (as it would be called in California)