Leopard earlier

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi

Do you think Apple will releae Leopard earlier, because Microsoft is saying that they will release Vista on october

Thnks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    October? Says who?

MS will be hard-pressed to get the consumer release finished and in stores by January.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hobbes

October? Says who?

MS will be hard-pressed to get the consumer release finished and in stores by January.

sorry thebulletin said just about a ticket for a free upgrade, but well you said that hardly it will be in january so Leopard should be release before spring 07, no?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    While I'm going to get the Family Pack of Leopard when it comes out I've resigned myself to relax. I'm in the group that believes Apple will release it when they are satisfied that it's ready. The only impact I see from Vista delays is that Apple "might" have been able move some work scheduled for 10.5.1 into 10.5.0. Considering the delays that Vista has had a shift from pre-Christmas or MWSF 07 release to "spring" isn't a big deal for me. I just relax, take slow, deep breaths and happily wait for 10.4.8.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm expecting Leopard to be released sometime around March. Not at MWSF though. I think maybe we'll see some new stuff, but no real release.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I think that Apple will wait till Vista is out the door and in people's hands. Vista will suck ass people will grumble and then Apple will drop a sweet OS on us.

boom.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    I'm hoping for a release date at MWSF, along with a big, kickass demo of everything they've held back.

As for Vista, it's supposed to RTM in October, and be sold in stores and such in January.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Purgatory

As for Vista, it's supposed to RTM in October, and be sold in stores and such in January.

Sorry, I think of Vista the same way I see a Sasquach... I'll believe it when I see it.

• Reply 8 of 14
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi

I think that Apple will wait till Vista is out the door and in people's hands. Vista will suck ass people will grumble and then Apple will drop a sweet OS on us.

boom.

nar, i think apple will release leopard just before vista. this is because all the journo's/computer mags will get there hands on leopard, think its the best thing since sliced bread, then get there hands on a shitty remake of tiger, (vista), realise that microsoft cant do shit, praise apple even more, then convince thousands upon thousands of people to switch and we will all be happy.

well i think the first part will happen, pos not convinsing 'thousands upon thousands' to switch.

cant wait!!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

nar, i think apple will release leopard just before vista. this is because all the journo's/computer mags will get there hands on leopard, think its the best thing since sliced bread, then get there hands on a shitty remake of tiger, (vista), realise that microsoft cant do shit, praise apple even more, then convince thousands upon thousands of people to switch and we will all be happy.

well i think the first part will happen, pos not convinsing 'thousands upon thousands' to switch.

cant wait!!

Apple needs a lot more hardware choice before thousands switch. Not having a head less mac with good video is making them miss out on a lot of uses. The only way for apple to over take m$ is to open it up to all hardware.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenaustus

While I'm going to get the Family Pack of Leopard when it comes out I've resigned myself to relax. I'm in the group that believes Apple will release it when they are satisfied that it's ready. The only impact I see from Vista delays is that Apple "might" have been able move some work scheduled for 10.5.1 into 10.5.0. Considering the delays that Vista has had a shift from pre-Christmas or MWSF 07 release to "spring" isn't a big deal for me. I just relax, take slow, deep breaths and happily wait for 10.4.8.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

I'm expecting Leopard to be released sometime around March. Not at MWSF though. I think maybe we'll see some new stuff, but no real release.

Agreed.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Interestingly, it looks like Vista may actually beat Leopard to market. The latest build (about to hit RC1) is apparently considerably better than the by-all-accounts disappointingly buggy Beta 2.

Anyway, whether Vista really does appear in January or not, I imagine Apple will reveal the "top secret" stuff for Leopard at MWSF.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon

Apple needs a lot more hardware choice before thousands switch. Not having a head less mac with good video is making them miss out on a lot of uses. The only way for apple to over take m$ is to open it up to all hardware.

yer i kinda knew that wouldnt happen, but you can dream...
  • Reply 13 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi

boom.

Poetic genius.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon

The only way for apple to over take m$ is to open it up to all hardware.

Overtake them on the road to bankruptcy, maybe.

Apple needs to sell computers. Selling one copy of Intel Leopard and having the script-kiddies pirate the other 2 million copies for their Dells isn't going to bring Apple any money.