Need a bookmaking part: metal corners?

rokrok
Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
okay, i have a new version of my portfolio, and while it looks great, i want to protect the corners from getting dog-eared too quickly (mind you, i probably made this thing is the most ill-advised method possible, as per pro bookbinders, but just bear with me... i'm new at this). so i am looking to buy, either one-off or in-bulk, those "little metal corner protectors" you sometimes see on photo albums, etc. just simple, silver, something i can tack down with a little jeweler's hammer over the corner to give it that finishing touch.

problem is, i have no idea if they have an actual official name, and therefore, it has been really difficult to track down where i would find such things. the staff at craft stores know what i am referring to, but they don't know what they are called or where to find them.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

okay, i have a new version of my portfolio, and while it looks great, i want to protect the corners from getting dog-eared too quickly (mind you, i probably made this thing is the most ill-advised method possible, as per pro bookbinders, but just bear with me... i'm new at this). so i am looking to buy, either one-off or in-bulk, those "little metal corner protectors" you sometimes see on photo albums, etc. just simple, silver, something i can tack down with a little jeweler's hammer over the corner to give it that finishing touch.

problem is, i have no idea if they have an actual official name, and therefore, it has been really difficult to track down where i would find such things. the staff at craft stores know what i am referring to, but they don't know what they are called or where to find them.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

I Googled "metal corner protectors" and found this. Is that what you're looking for? If so, they seemed to be called "corner protectors".
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dac0nvu

I Googled "metal corner protectors" and found this. Is that what you're looking for? If so, they seemed to be called "corner protectors".

that's pretty much it (though that specific company seems to specialize in bag corners, but the premise is still the same). strangely, i can find lots of folks in england who carry this, but i'm not going to pay overseas shipping for this (unless they can just throw a handful in an envelope... i doubt it, but i guess you never can tell).

honestly, i googled around lots, but i was using the search term "metal cover corners" which got me lots of metal cover bands, but not much else.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    aha! i found from a link to a link to a link that they are sometimes referred to as "corner CHARMS" which netted me way more results.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm having strange deja vu. I feel like this topic has been addressed on AI before, and there was the same response. That is, they are easy to find in England. Am I on crazy pills?