Cheapshot FUD articles sickening

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Some publications will stoop so low to gain readership. The Lowell Sun online edition dated 08-19-06 could not help draw attention to Microsoft without mentioning Apple in the headline, "Microsoft aims to snatch game-friendly crown from Apple". Since when did Apple introduce a game console? Not. It irks me when I see this type of FUD. For anyone caring to share their displeasure with the editors as I did may email these two contacts:

[email protected], [email protected]

Even with my disgust I suppose the site link should be referenced.

http://www.lowellsun.com/lifestyles/ci_4208470

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benton

Some publications will stoop so low to gain readership. The Lowell Sun online edition dated 08-19-06 could not help draw attention to Microsoft without mentioning Apple in the headline, "Microsoft aims to snatch game-friendly crown from Apple". Since when did Apple introduce a game console? Not. It irks me when I see this type of FUD. For anyone caring to share their displeasure with the editors as I did may email these two contacts:

[email protected], [email protected]

Even with my disgust I suppose the site link should be referenced.

http://www.lowellsun.com/lifestyles/ci_4208470

Good call, Benton.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Who cares? It's not like they diss Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benton

"Microsoft aims to snatch game-friendly crown from Apple". Since when did Apple introduce a game console?

I think they meant that Microsoft are stealing the innovation crown in the context of gaming. It is worded badly.

What they fail to mention is that Microsoft is a software company and Apple is a hardware company. Since you can run Windows on a Mac, you will be able to use the game development software. Apple will not lose any money since their OS comes bundled with their hardware anyway.

I agree the article is complete rubbish because the idea isn't very innovative. Games have allowed mods for years in the shape of Quake, UT etc. Also, if the result is something like Youtube for games as described then it's going to be a complete joke just like most of Microsoft's 'innovations'.

Game studios pump millions into each game. If they could make entertaining software on the budget of a home user then they would.