NAND In Santa Rosa? Value?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was wondering about how much better the Macbook Pro will be when updated with the Santa Rosa Platform? I read the article about the NAND Flash Based stuff and how that'll make load times decrease significantly, and I was wonderinh how much Santa Rosa will implement that. I was waiting for a Macbook Pro with Merom, but how much better will Santa Rosa be with the NAND? Should I wait? will the difference be huge? (I will probably also run windows, either through parallels or boot camp, haven't decided, so keep that in mind)

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Ok so you can wait no time at all for Core Duo.

Or you can wait a month for Core Duo 2.

Or you can wait till Apil or May 2007 for Santa Rosa.

Or maybe it's best to wait for 45nm on 2008?
  • Reply 2 of 8
  • Reply 3 of 8
    o come on, I was just wondering how much faster everday apps will be with santa rosa.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aiolos

o come on, I was just wondering how much faster everday apps will be with santa rosa.

Boot times, and waking from sleep will be noticeably faster. Launching apps will be a little faster. Battery life for MacBook's will be about 15% more.

/all best guesses.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    well, it's also a faster FSB, so it'll be 20% faster based on that alone.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

well, it's also a faster FSB, so it'll be 20% faster based on that alone.

The FSB may be 20% faster, but apps will only run a few percent faster.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I'm not waiting for Santa Rosa...If I was gonna do that I might as well never buy a computer and just talk about them all the time. I'm waiting for C2D and that's it. I need the ram, I need all the speed I can get, and what ever else they want to throw in there...Fine with me. To wait for Santa Rosa is retarted, it's not going to be that crazy refresh that makes the computer 200x's faster. It's going to be like the rest of the refreshes we've seen thus far, nothing major.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    k thanks for the input