Report claims iTunes movie service due in September

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain

Both Chucker... both. A new release that has been previously viewed.

Thanks for posting.

The problem is as stated, it looked like a contradiction. That one extra word changes everything.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by purpleshorts

Is Apple legal is taking legal action to discover Business Week's sources, as they famously did with this site? Kinda doubt it.

This may be one of those permitted leaks. Also, Apple seems to want to control who leaks their products, Walt Mossberg "predicting" Intel Macs is OK, some random web site, not OK. It probably doesn't hurt that the magazines have some money too.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celco

The bastards just bought australia's biggest supermarket chain Coles.

fucking great.

Fuck u too Walmart.

Hey, if it wasn't a good deal for Coles, they wouldn't have sold. They make money, you'll end up paying less at your Wal-Mart due to their economy of scale... you'll dig it.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius

Ahem.

Exxon-Mobile: 403.37B

Microsoft: 256.93B

Wal-Mart: 185.92B

Alright, alright! I should have stuck with the first declarative... biggest retailer. Happy now?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    $15 and $10? What's the value in that? I wouldn't pay that much!!! That's nearly the same amount of a physical DVD

Reason's why:

*There's no packaging

*There's no shipment (truck fuel or employment labor & wages)

*The quality would likely be nowhere near a DVD

I would buy only--

*There's was some Movie iPod (with a larger screen)

*Movies were between $3-$8

*Some kind of Netflix rental model (maybe rent for a $1 or $2 and the movie would expire after 48hrs)

If Hollywood stays greedy and thinks people will go for $15, they're on crack and P2P for downlading movies will get even larger. You would have thought they would have learned from the mistakes of the music industry.

That's my 2-cents!
  • Reply 46 of 48
    wal-mart is chucky.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

In order to play nice, Wal-Mart is reportedly demanding that it be supported by studios when it launches its own planned download service. It wants Hollywood to trim the current $17 wholesale price for DVDs, which would allow it to slash its own prices to the same $15 or so that Apple would charge.

Isn't the "wholesale price" what WM pays for the product? If it is, it isn't 17 bucks when I can get new releases every week at my local WM for $14 and change...

I know they aren't losing $3 on every new release DVD they sell.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Derrick 61

Isn't the "wholesale price" what WM pays for the product? If it is, it isn't 17 bucks when I can get new releases every week at my local WM for $14 and change...

I know they aren't losing $3 on every new release DVD they sell.

I don't know if they are losing $3 (on top of operational expenses) but they might be losing a little bit of money per disc. I think the wholesale price of DVDs varies by title and publisher.

What it does is gets people into their stores. That's the purpose of a loss leader.