Microsoft says Zune to sell for $249

1234579

Comments

  • Reply 121 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat






    (from Wiki) Domo's favorite food is seasoned beef with potatoes and he has a strong dislike for apples (an unexplained mystery in his DNA). Domo is known to pass gas repeatedly when nervous or in a bad mood. I hope my brown zune doesn't act like that.
  • Reply 122 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    it's just a color anyway. having options is GOOD.



    Only if they are good options. There's not much evidence that brown would be a popular color for something like an mp3 player.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    i think the brown zune is getting a lot of bad press and mac zealot bitching not because it really looks bad but because, let's be honest here, it is a choice done by microsoft. had it been steve-o or jon ive who made a zune-brown ipod you would all be salivating over it.



    Seriously, you played the "mac zealot card"? Even die hard mac fans (and the press) slam Apple when they screw up, if apple released a brown iPod I'd bet it would get the same reaction. A crappy color is a crappy color.
  • Reply 123 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder


    Only if they are good options. There's not much evidence that brown would be a popular color for something like an mp3 player.







    Seriously, you played the "mac zealot card"? Even die hard mac fans (and the press) slam Apple when they screw up, if apple released a brown iPod I'd bet it would get the same reaction. A crappy color is a crappy color.



    lalalalalalala it's a great color lalalalalalalala



    well that's a different subject but when it's about microsoft, mac zealots will justify anything-apple. the brown zune is getting everybody's bitching because it's coming from redmond, not because the color is not common. doesn't make it ugly. it's a subjective thing.



    last night i noticed that the brown zune is actually not just brown. it is brown with green. the black one is black with blue and the white one is white with a black trim i think.
  • Reply 124 of 174
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    edit: my comments too rude :0
  • Reply 125 of 174
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    lalalalalalala it's a great color lalalalalalalala



    well that's a different subject but when it's about microsoft, mac zealots will justify anything-apple.



    I could just say that you are just playing the "mac-zealot" card out of resentment that not a whole lot of people agree with you. While there is a grain of truth to what you say, there generally isn't a "unified" front among Mac fans. A lot of people use Apple products for reasons other than appearance, I use them for their ease of use and on the Mac side, maintainability.



    There is a lot of division about the Mighty Mouse. A lot of people just dump the thing and get a Microsoft or Logitech mouse.



    There's plenty of dissention on whether the wide lower edge of the iMac panel looks good.



    I use a Microsoft Natural keyboard. I think Apple's desktop keyboard is unusable due to it's spongy feel.



    A lot of people here and elsewhere on other Apple fan boards complain about the limited video card choices, and other limited expansion opportunities too.



    Mac fans complain about the inconsistency of the UI themes between programs.



    Heck, a lot of people here seem to own XBox and XB360.



    I don't even think that it's just the "mac zealots" either, I've seen quite a lot of brown Zune mockery in non-Apple-centric boards. Sure, a lot of people do like it, but it still looks like a small minority.
  • Reply 126 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    lalalalalalala it's a great color lalalalalalalala



    well that's a different subject but when it's about microsoft, mac zealots will justify anything-apple. the brown zune is getting everybody's bitching because it's coming from redmond, not because the color is not common. doesn't make it ugly. it's a subjective thing.



    last night i noticed that the brown zune is actually not just brown. it is brown with green. the black one is black with blue and the white one is white with a black trim i think.



    Did you even read my post? It's a crap color, and if apple released it, we'd still be saying it's a crap color. "Mac Zealots" is just a weak excuse used by those who can't support their argument.



    Who specifically are you accusing of being mac zealots anyway? The PC press is having a field day with the brown as well, are they mac zealots?



    If it's such a great color, why isn't it popular in any consumer items? Hmm?
  • Reply 127 of 174
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Just like the original chewing-gum looking Shuffle, Microsoft is probably going to have a label: "Warning. Do not eat Zune. This is not a chocolate or candy bar of any kind."
  • Reply 128 of 174
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    ...last night i noticed that the brown zune is actually not just brown. it is brown with green. the black one is black with blue and the white one is white with a black trim i think.



    Monkeyastronaut: Please see my post above, I edited out my rude response. I felt uncomfortable with what I said.
  • Reply 129 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman


    Just like the original chewing-gum looking Shuffle, Microsoft is probably going to have a label: "Warning. Do not eat Zune. This is not a chocolate or candy bar of any kind."



    I read that comment and had to post a picture of Dont eat iPod Shuffle, god bless Wikipedia .







    I wish it was still on the site, must have been a long day at Apple Headquarters when that came out .
  • Reply 130 of 174
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    i think the brown zune is getting a lot of bad press and mac zealot bitching not because it really looks bad but because, let's be honest here, it is a choice done by microsoft. had it been steve-o or jon ive who made a zune-brown ipod you would all be salivating over it.



    No, the brown zune is getting a lot of ridicule because it honestly looks like crap to most people. The fact that Microsoft made this horrendous mistake is just a bonus.



    Oh, and you obviously know nothing about 'Mac zealots' if you think they wouldn't be making fun of Apple too had they shown the same lousy taste MS did.
  • Reply 131 of 174
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins


    Oh, and you obviously know nothing about 'Mac zealots' if you think they wouldn't be making fun of Apple too had they shown the same lousy taste MS did.



    Indeed, there are plenty of people bitching in another thread about the new nano colours.
  • Reply 132 of 174
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    well that's a different subject but when it's about microsoft, mac zealots will justify anything-apple. the brown zune is getting everybody's bitching because it's coming from redmond, not because the color is not common. doesn't make it ugly. it's a subjective thing.



    Oh, you mean the gold iPod mini didn't receive criticism?
  • Reply 133 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM


    I could just say that you are just playing the "mac-zealot" card out of resentment that not a whole lot of people agree with you. While there is a grain of truth to what you say, there generally isn't a "unified" front among Mac fans. A lot of people use Apple products for reasons other than appearance, I use them for their ease of use and on the Mac side, maintainability.



    There is a lot of division about the Mighty Mouse. A lot of people just dump the thing and get a Microsoft or Logitech mouse.



    There's plenty of dissention on whether the wide lower edge of the iMac panel looks good.



    I use a Microsoft Natural keyboard. I think Apple's desktop keyboard is unusable due to it's spongy feel.



    A lot of people here and elsewhere on other Apple fan boards complain about the limited video card choices, and other limited expansion opportunities too.



    Mac fans complain about the inconsistency of the UI themes between programs.



    Heck, a lot of people here seem to own XBox and XB360.



    I don't even think that it's just the "mac zealots" either, I've seen quite a lot of brown Zune mockery in non-Apple-centric boards. Sure, a lot of people do like it, but it still looks like a small minority.



    well i just love brown, i accept it!!!



    i like the mighty mouse. i use it at work with my toshiba laptop. but at home i use a microsoft mouse and a microsoft keyboard with my powerbook g4 (it is serving as a desktop, i converted it)



    i read on some other message board that on amazon.com the brown zune has a higher rank in electronics than the white version. i haven't checked it myself but that is subject to change everyday anyway.
  • Reply 134 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker


    Oh, you mean the gold iPod mini didn't receive criticism?



    no i'm saying the brown zune is getting more bad looks because microsoft chose the color. had this been a creative zen people wouldn't even talk about the thing's color.



    i don't remember if the gold mini received criticism, but from your comment and apple's decision not to support it, i guess either it did, or did not sell as well as the other colors.
  • Reply 135 of 174
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    had this been a creative zen people wouldn't even talk about the thing's color.



    That's because nobody would have given the Creative Zen much of a chance to succeed in the market, whereas Microsoft has the ability and will to push it through.
  • Reply 136 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman


    Just like the original chewing-gum looking Shuffle, Microsoft is probably going to have a label: "Warning. Do not eat Zune. This is not a chocolate or candy bar of any kind."



    i remember that warning on apple's website, it was amusing hehe



    okay, to everyone: i have no problem accepting when i am wrong. i have been wrong many times. probably you are all right and microsoft made an unpopular choice with the brown zune. sales numbers will tell. you just better hope it doesn't outsell the white or black versions, because i'm gonna want an apology! (i'm kidding)



    it is an interesting move and i guess i just feel happy someone, even if it is microsoft, decided to make a brown mp3 player, because i just like the color. that's it.
  • Reply 137 of 174
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    you just better hope it doesn't outsell the white or black versions, because i'm gonna want an apology! (i'm kidding)



    No need to kid. If the brown one isn't the worst selling of the three, you probably do deserve an apology. It's just rather unlikely



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut


    it is an interesting move



    Indeed. There must be a reason Microsoft decided on it. Is there some large region of the world where brown is a highly popular colour for things like this? Why did Microsoft go with brown? Just to be different? If so, there are plenty of other colours it could have chosen and still have been different. I don't know what's going on.
  • Reply 138 of 174
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H


    ...There must be a reason Microsoft decided on it. Is there some large region of the world where brown is a highly popular colour for things like this? Why did Microsoft go with brown? Just to be different? If so, there are plenty of other colours it could have chosen and still have been different. I don't know what's going on.



    These are good questions alongside why is Bill Gates stepping down, why does Steve Ballmer act like a monkey on a caffeine-intravenous-drip, why is Vista so bloated and overdue, and who the hell is designing the Apple-ripoff GUI for Vista, and why the user experience for Vista is going to be terrible, and why are there like six versions of Vista...???





    Most important question, why do people still use Windows in 99% of the world's computers?? Okay, 95% worldwide or less... Given OSX and Linux.
  • Reply 139 of 174
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Also, what is the output resolution of the XBOX360 via the VGA out ? Let's say hooked up to a 1280x1024 Sony 17"LCD, what resolution is going into the LCD via the VGA cable? I know it will be upscaled by the LCD, but what is the input resolution from the XBOX360?



    Off topic, I know, but an easier question to answer than the post above. Heh.
  • Reply 140 of 174
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman


    Also, what is the output resolution of the XBOX360 via the VGA out ? Let's say hooked up to a 1280x1024 Sony 17"LCD, what resolution is going into the LCD via the VGA cable? I know it will be upscaled by the LCD, but what is the input resolution from the XBOX360?



    Off topic, I know, but an easier question to answer than the post above. Heh.



    Okay nevermind got my answer here:

    http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews...D-AV-Cable/p1/
Sign In or Register to comment.