Quick Question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was just wondering if there was a command similar to "control-alt-delete" on mac. Say I was playing a game, just a command that minimizes the game, but doesnt exit it out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Cmd-M minimizes the current window.

Full screen games may or may not observe this, but generally Esc gets you from full-screen to windowed, if at all possible. Also, Cmd-H for Hide generally works. You'll need to pause it first, of course. You can get back to it by clicking on the app's icon in the Dock.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kzelk4

I was just wondering if there was a command similar to "control-alt-delete" on mac. Say I was playing a game, just a command that minimizes the game, but doesnt exit it out.

that's not what ctrl-alt-delete does on XP.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kzelk4kzelk4 Posts: 100member
    i meant control alt escape...brain freeze, although wouldnt it just exit the game and get you on the desktop as well?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kzelk4

i meant control alt escape...brain freeze, although wouldnt it just exit the game and get you on the desktop as well?

if you're playing a game that takes over the screen on XP (such as the sims 2 or unreal tournament) just hit your windows button and it will take you to the desktop without exiting the game.