Macbook battery, do I have a problem?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a blackbook that I really like and have not had any problems with, although this is my third one. The first two had major issues and were replaced.

My problem is my battery will not charge past 13%. The light on the charger cord stays green constantly as if the battery was 100% charged. Is there something I can reset to fix this or do I have to go in to the store for help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Did you try calibrating it? Resetting the PRAM? Resetting the PMU? Check out apples support site for a long list of steps to take care of this problem.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I can't calibrate it because the battery will not charge at all. I reset the PMU but have not tried the PRAM yet. I will try the PRAM and then take it back to the store I guess......
  • Reply 3 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Do all laptop batteries suck? Or just Apple's? My third battery on my PBG4 is dead (3 in 2 years) and I also went through two on my previous iBook. This is a genuine question. Will batteries every get better? It seems like they haven't really advanced in a while. Is the only option fuel cells?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    Wow, I must be really lucky. All three of my PB batteries have lasted around 3 years without any problems.

Noah
  • Reply 5 of 5
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    yeah my iBook battery I have never had to be replace and it would last for 5 hours and I have had a ton of luck with my MacBook battery also.

-iGrant