Big dark spot growing on screen of PB G4

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I noticed today that there is a large dark spot on the bottom right area of my screen. Does this mean that my PB is dying? I was hoping to wait until the Spring with the release of the new OS. I understand it could be fixed, but how expensive is that? I also use my PB everyday. It would be hard to be without it. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I suppose that would be a good way to get a free OS upgrade if you have Apple care... back up you HD, design a program that screws your HD beyond belief. Send it in, they give you a new HD with the new OS.

But then again, that would be more effort than its worth. Not to mention immoral. Although, personally, I think the Apple Care Plan should include free OS updates for the length of the program.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    You did not understand my original post. I am not planning or scheming anything. My PB has been great. The dark spot is the first problem that I have noticed. I was just asking if this meant my screen was dying, because I wasn't planning to upgrade my PB until the spring when the new OS came out. When I upgrade, I am going to buy a new PB not trying to get it for free. So don't accuse someone so quickly. I was only asking a simple question. Next time, think before you respond in the way in which you did.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726

So don't accuse someone so quickly. I was only asking a simple question. Next time, think before you respond in the way in which you did.

Oh no! I wasn't acusing you... certainly not. Your post just sorta inadvertantly implied what got me thinking about that.

Sorry though, I don't know anything about your problem .

In the future, you should not judge me as being an incompitent just beacuse I didn't respond directly about your question.