- Last Active
sflocal said:I can't see Ive running Ferrari. It's doesn't seem to me like a match made in heaven.
I’m getting a bit frustrated. I was going to replace my ageing mid-2010 i7 iMac with a more recent Intel iMac when Apple Silicon was announced, so I held off. The M1 iMac eventually appeared, but not in a 27” version, so I waited some more for a 27” M1 iMac, only to find that the 27” Intel iMac was discontinued and no sign at all of a possible 27” M1 replacement. The Mac Studio then came out - only for the M2 processor to be announced hot on its heals.
I am now waiting for December to see what is released then, nothing of interest for me having been released in June (that was a long shot anyway). The thought of acquiring an M1 Max only to find not too far down the track that the M1 series might not be supported by MacOS major versions has also put me off springing for an M1 Studio given the price.
After December this year, it looks like waiting till March 2023, December 2023, March 2024…, before I eventually decide. Fingers crossed that my 2010 iMac doesn’t expire in the interim. Reports of Apple’s ‘roadmap’ are doing my head in. And no, I really am not acquiring a 24” M1 iMac.
I always check each update for for fixes to Safari's/WebKit's to fix the parlous and risible lack of support for recent HTML 5 releases (even a year ago would be good instead of circa five) and other scripting languages. It's getting tiresome with pages not working properly and/or WebKit crashing (and no matter how many crash reports I've sent, the problems continue). For a company as big as Apple is, surely it can spend some money on programmers to fix it.
Anyway, I live in hope with each update, if somewhat Quixotically, to see if it gets fixed. Next major version(s), perhaps?.
Regarding iOS updates on iPhones, I have found it wise to just leave it alone even if it looks stuck - mine have always completed satisfactorily in the end (current one is 7+).