snoopy

About

Username
snoopy
Joined
Visits
1
Last Active
Roles
member
Points
1
Badges
0
Posts
1,901

Comments

  • Quote: Originally Posted by MacTac I am very close to giving up and switching to Windows. Seriously, have you considered a used Mac Pro? The only drawback might be its size. You say that your requirement is internal devices. The Pro has f…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by Snowdog65 IMO Apple could ramp market share and profits if the headless desktop lineup was something like this for starting points: $499: Mini $999: xMac (similar to described above) $1999: Mac Pro I think th…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by solipsism That's the world of Windows-based vendors, not Apple. I clearly explained there is no viable market FOR APPLE BECAUSE THERE IS NO MONEY FOR APPLE. Apple already takes the lion share of the profuts from the PC…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by solipsism 1) ... The market Apple functions in determined this eons ago and so argument about how it would be cool if Apple just made a tower that wasn't as towery as the Mac Pro but more towery than the Mac mini witho…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by solipsism What desktop market? Desktop sales pale in comparison to notebook sales, and that's without even considering Apple's notebook dominance. They'd probably make more money bringing the iPod Classic back than try…
  • If a significant percentage of desktop users preferred an all-in-one computer like the iMac, or a tiny thing like the Mac Mini, most companies making Windows based computers would be offering such products, but they do not. They are not dumb, but r…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by MacTac That is the reason that I haven't replaced my old Mac. . . Consider bypassing Apple to get an affordable tower. I now have my xMac, so to speak. I just bought an older Mac Pro with 2 dual core, 2.66 GHz Xeo…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by hmm . . . Also remember Apple hates competing products within their line. Could you explain your comment? I see the MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro all competing within the laptop computer line. Why should…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by zeph I bet that if the xMac was a viable business proposal, Apple would already have one out. Fact is, they know the market better than most and their track record/sales figures prove it. Face it, they know better…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by zeph It's kind of amusing to see the pundits here claim Apple is missing out on a great opportunity by not making an xMac when the company just sold 4.63 million computers and 12 million iPads. Laptops account for the …
  • Quote: Originally Posted by Tallest Skil And I respect your desire for a computer you can plug any crap you want into and have it work. But that isn't Apple's plan, nor ecosystem. And it never will be. So people need to cool it. I'm impress…
  • You can buy one on Craigslist or EBay. I bought one for under $1000. Now I'm looking for another. If Apple won't build a lower cost tower, someone else is getting my money. I too hope the right people are reading this forum, but will not hold my…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by Marvin The dock is the black device just to the left of the laptop. The Mini would sit next to it. Much more compact than a giant workstation yet $1000 cheaper and equally powerful. My Mac Pro sits on the floor …
  • Quote: Originally Posted by Marvin Yeah, the amount of times I've heard mainstream buyers asking for a 41lb solid aluminium workstation at an affordable price. I was referring to a new, lower cost case, which has been the point of most of t…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by Marvin The time for a mid-range tower is gone. If you?re correct, then I?ll just keep buying used Mac Pros in the $900 to $1200 range. More significant than my measly purchases, however, a large segment of Windows…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by wizard69 As to buying used it often makes a lot of sense. However if you are still on a G5 it might surprise you to find out how far behind you are on the performance curve. I know. I already bought a used…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by wizard69 Exactly my point, Apple needs a single socket expandable machine in the $1200 to $1500 range. $2500 dollars as you note is terrible for a single socket mspachine. The implication here is a low end mothe…
  • After careful reading, I’ve put aside several of my objections to iCloud. Many online storage vendors give you 2GB of free storage, but iCloud gives you 5GB free. Apple also notes, “Your purchased music, apps, and books, as well as your Photo Stre…
  • I read the link about MobileMe transition, which say it is "available this fall and free for iOS 5 and OS X Lion users." Does this mean we must be running OS X 10.7 to use iCloud for our computers? Or does this mean it's free for Lion users, but o…
  • OMG! I wondered whether folks would still be discussing this topic, and came back to look. Still so many of the same names too. It feels like a reunion. I came back in part because I may soon want an Intel Mac to run the latest version of Log…