Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year

Comments

• Reply 81 of 134
    carlscarls Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Yea I guess your right, the more I think about it I would be doing a lot of wiping. Just thinking at how it would look though makes me drool. Functional or not, yea I still would want one.

what if the border was read(view) only though? that would work.
  • Reply 82 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I think both are simply 'throw them off' rumors designed to keep the competition scrambling to lie about their own products and waste hundreds of millions preparing for a storm that won't ever come.

Apple releasing a 300 dollar tablet would officially destroy any decent competition the iPad may have (hah)...this rumor coming from Samsung would do more harm to them than good.
  • Reply 83 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carls View Post

probably...more likely though is someone makes use of that new tech where the touchscreen can tell what part of you is touching it and will only react to finger tips or something.
  • Reply 84 of 134
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

What is wrong with you? Corporations are not people.

Dont tell me about it. Tell that to some of the Apple fans on this very website. All I'm doing is summarizing some of their statements.

It's true. Some of the Apple fans in this board likes to generalize an entire nations people just by the acts of a few corporation.

I'll dig up names and quotes once I get home.
  • Reply 85 of 134
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Oh my gosh what if you were able to choose the frame you want. Ok think, say one inch around the iPad 7.8" is only available for the bezel but bezel is customizable, you can choose what you want. An all black one, a wood one, a funny one your choice. That would be so, so cool. Where can I order, I want one now damit!

But Apple, stop screwing us, this new iPad better have Gorilla glass.
  • Reply 86 of 134
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

you need to familiarize yourself with Zither...90% of the time he's being either facetious, sarcastic, or mocking...the other 10% of the time he actually makes good posts. once you familiarize yourself it's rather easy to discern which is which.

Really? When is he going to post the 10% which contain good points? All of his posts to date have been junk so he owes us about 90 good ones.
  • Reply 87 of 134
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Is this not sad when all I can say is how much and when for a release of a smaller iPad?
  • Reply 88 of 134
    In 2010 Steve Jobs stood before an audience and proclaimed that Apple saw a potential category of devices between a smartphone and laptop. This was born the iPad. Are they going to tell us now that there's a market for something between a smartphone and tablet?
  • Reply 89 of 134
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Are they going to tell us now that there's a market for something between a smartphone and tablet?

The iPhaodne!
  • Reply 90 of 134
    carlscarls Posts: 2member
    Quote:

Oh my gosh what if you were able to choose the frame you want. Ok think, say one inch around the iPad 7.8" is only available for the bezel but bezel is customizable, you can choose what you want. An all black one, a wood one, a funny one your choice. That would be so, so cool. Where can I order, I want one now damit!

But Apple, stop screwing us, this new iPad better have Gorilla glass.

thinking a bit further: could all be done in software and configurable width, even sides, in case you wanted a button/interaction area on the opposite side of the hand holding... depending on orientation.

I love the border bling idea
  • Reply 91 of 134
    Quote:

Nope I was here waaayyy before you ever were so I think I'll stay a while if you please.

I wasn't talking about the performance of Samsung tablets on the market just that there is quite a few people that would appreciate a iPad 7.8 tablet.

Commenting on your post I was talking about Samsung's display market in which they are king at the moment just like Apple is in the tablet market.

If there are "quite a few," they would be here by now. The fact that they aren't should surely tell you something? That outside of a few tech geeks, consumers couldn't give a damn?
  • Reply 92 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

what

the

f****

are

you

talking

about

?

Let me summarize his original comment as well as offer further commentary for you so you can possibly understand (which is doubtful since you appear to have the cranial density of lead)

Of ALL the comments in this thread only one was obviously anti-Apple...only one comment in this thread was decidedly pro-Samsung...

Spacevater said, to paraphrase for you, I'll try and keep the words at one or two syllables:

"iPad = good. I like Samsung 7.7 due to weight and better portability plus deeper blacks. it is a good product. Apple needs to compete here."

Now considering that spacevator owns an iPad and likes the 7.7 and prefers it's size...wouldn't that suggest that he desires to actually get the iPad 7.85 if it were to be released? Could you not read that between the lines? It's quite obvious actually.

Relax. It's just a tablet. Take one; it might to help calm you down.

Btw, I've reported your abusive post. (The one from before you edited the f-word. )
  • Reply 93 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

In 2010 Steve Jobs stood before an audience and proclaimed that Apple saw a potential category of devices between a smartphone and laptop. This was born the iPad. Are they going to tell us now that there's a market for something between a smartphone and tablet?

Oh like it's some big leap. I'm actually lying here in bed with Samsung 7.7 shaking my head at your comment. Your right Apple hasn't realized it yet but every other tablet manufacture has. Yes, yes the iPad is the best, Android is a copy and sucks, Google is doomed, Elvis is alive, please save it for people who aren't using one of the best tablets ever conceived, the Samsung Galaxy 7.7, with 285 DPI 1280 x 800 SAMOLED screen.

I would give it all up if Apple would release one to, well that is assuming if they can match what Samsung has so elegantly produced.
  • Reply 94 of 134
    Quote:

thinking a bit further: could all be done in software and configurable width, even sides, in case you wanted a button/interaction area on the opposite side of the hand holding... depending on orientation.

I love the border bling idea

Right, yes I can see why not. That can mean a whole new area for video controls, browser address line, games the list goes on and on. Good catch!
  • Reply 95 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If there are "quite a few," they would be here by now. The fact that they aren't should surely tell you something? That outside of a few tech geeks, consumers couldn't give a damn?

Uh oh, we better tell Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Samsung, Motorola and the rest that the millions of 7" tablets that they have already sold aren't really what customers want. Thanks man that could have been a really bad situation.

Yes we get it 9.7" is the best and only size that a tablet should be. I mean it must be Apple is the top tablet manufacture in the world with that size so who would anything else. Maybe it's you that doesn't belong in this forum. Oh look those pesky neighbor kids are on your lawn again, better you should go yell at them again threw a closed window.
  • Reply 96 of 134
    Quote:

Uh oh, we better tell Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Samsung, Motorola and the rest that the millions of 7" tablets that they have already sold aren't really what customers want. Thanks man that could have been a really bad situation.

Yes we get it 9.7" is the best and only size that a tablet should be. I mean it must be Apple is the top tablet manufacture in the world with that size so who would anything else. Maybe it's you that doesn't belong in this forum. Oh look those pesky neighbor kids are on your lawn again, better you should go yell at them again threw a closed window.

Do you have any actual evidence to back up the assertion that they've sold (not shipped) millions?

Is that crickets I hear?
  • Reply 97 of 134
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    From what I gather Samsung operates as a series of totally autonomous companies with little or no interaction between them. This is intended to avoid any conflict of interest where a customer may also be a competitor. It's very likely that Apple could sue one part of Samsung while doing deals with another part of Samsung. It?s no big deal. Samsung displays are generally considered to be the best so naturally Apple wants to source the best components. I?m glad they do coz it makes for better Apple products.
  • Reply 98 of 134
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

From what I gather Samsung operates as a series of totally autonomous companies with little or no interaction between them. This is intended to avoid any conflict of interest where a customer may also be a competitor. It's very likely that Apple could sue one part of Samsung while doing deals with another part of Samsung. It?s no big deal. Samsung displays are generally considered to be the best so naturally Apple wants to source the best components. I?m glad they do coz it makes for better Apple products.

Samsung Electronics recently spun-off its display division. So Apple isn't doing business with Samsung Electronics anymore.
  • Reply 99 of 134
    rmb0037rmb0037 Posts: 142member
    Quote:

Well the Samsung is 7.7 not exactly 7 and it's very, very usable. So much so that anyone who has used to a 10 inch tablet would have no problem using the Samsung. Apple due to it's screen ration would most likely use 7.8" and that is a very usable resolution. Are you just guessing here or have you used a Samsung 7.7 tablet before because I would put money down that if you played with it for a week you would be begging Apple to come out with one of their own.

I have played around with the samsung galaxy 7.7" at work quite a bit. My android friends love to get onto me for being so biased. They thoroughly enjoy the "freedom" aspect of android. And i will agree that the screen is mighty gorgeous, BUT, and i mean BUT, one thing (of the many) i cannot STAND about android and their software is the layout of the OS. I do agree with you though that the SCREEN is gorgeous. absolutely. But i will not agree that the actual tablet itself is worth the money. The Apple ecosystem and the simplicity is what draws me in. For a hundred bucks and some change i could enjoy the tablet that took the big leap into the unknown and got its criticism, but wound up creating a category of its own.
  • Reply 100 of 134
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

I don't think he was bringing down the current iPad just saying that the Samsung 7.7 is pretty amazing and if Apple is to release a smaller sized iPad then this is the one to beat. I happen to agree with him as I just purchased one last week and I have to say it's hands down the best tablet (hardware wise) that I have ever owned and I've pretty much owned them all.

That screen, I just can't get over it. The blacks are so pure it's impossible to see where the bezel starts. Yes I'm full aware that Apple has a new iPad 3 with a Retna display but until mine is delivered to the door the Samsung holds supreme in the screen area. I'm not just talking resolution which is modest 1280 x 800 with 196 dpi for a 7" but the colors are mind blowing amazing.

I happen to really love the 7.7 inch tablet form factor and find it to be the best for everyday use out side the house. If Apple is indeed thinking about releasing one then I'm defiantly all over it. Will gladly sell my new iPad 3 to buy it to as I'm only getting one to play with.

I'm really starting to think you're a paid shill. I don't usually make that accusation, but pretty much every one of your posts read like ad copy for various Samsung products.