Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 134
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Gosh. At this point we're just going around in circles, aren't we?

If you think the above is true, please tell us: why are Android tablets the ones in the real-world "dunce corner", while the iPad repeatedly keeps breaking sales records, befuddling all expectations and attempts to belittle it?

Why are you people unable to respond to this simple question!?

Is there any chance that it's because 55 million people are stupid, and you are smart? /s

If I said yes are you going stop. Yes I am the only smart one amongst the 55 Million that bought iPads. Most because trends dictate it to be so. How many of those 55 million after spending another 200 in buying apps and games still use their iPad everyday. Everyone I know their iPads are either in a drawer or they gave them to their kids. Which by the way I fully condone. Sure on this forum everyone uses it myself included. However I know the power of a iPad. The biggest problem I run into with people is how do I get my movies onto the load.

So could you help me with that. Now one thing these movies are all of a different formats and there are no mp4s. This isn't a trick thing this the a normal question that I have to help people with that own iPads.
  • Reply 122 of 134
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Nah I just happen to own quite a few of them. I did get a little overboard but I'm just tired of reading Samsung sucks on this board when that is farthest from the truth. I will defend Samsung because every product I've bought from them is not only really good but their support is bar none some of the best I've encountered in the industry.

Really? It's a shame there weren't so good with their sub-standard 3D LED our workplace purchased.

Tired of reading that Samsung sucks on here? Try elsewhere perhaps.

Quote:

I didn't mean to sound like a poster girl for Samsung. I won't talk about them anymore. You made it clear that it isn't tolerated here.

Nice gymnastics there.
  • Reply 123 of 134
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Why does someone always bring this up every time.

Last time I checked I didn't get any sandpaper in the box when I bought my iPhone and in case you hadn't noticed that has an even smaller screen.

It's called marketing - you talk up your product and talk down the competition.

Why does someone always say something like this in response to Steve's sandpaper comment? This has been debunked so many times, it's not funny. Move along, find another argument.
  • Reply 124 of 134
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spacevator View Post

The iPad2 (and new Ipad) is nice but too heavy. .

Really? It's too heavy. I'm a 95 lb girl who can handle carrying an iPad 2, one handed for as much as 14 hours a day.

I hate to think how small you must be if a 1.5 lb object is too heavy for you
  • Reply 125 of 134
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Apple releasing a 300 dollar tablet would officially destroy any decent competition the iPad may have (hah)...this rumor coming from Samsung would do more harm to them than good.

Especially when Apple announces it and that all the screens are made by LG and Sharp.
  • Reply 126 of 134
    Quote:

Relax. It's just a tablet. Take one; it might to help calm you down.

Btw, I've reported your abusive post. (The one from before you edited the f-word. )

what's abusive about that?
  • Reply 127 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Really? It's too heavy. I'm a 95 lb girl who can handle carrying an iPad 2, one handed for as much as 14 hours a day.

I hate to think how small you must be if a 1.5 lb object is too heavy for you

you are aware that my chivalrous nature is going to cause me to be insanely nice to you now right?

sheesh!!!

Back to what you quoted...I think it has more to do with arm fatigue from more rested positions.

anyone can pick up 2lbs, but try holding 2lbs at arms length for any significant amount of time.
  • Reply 128 of 134
    Why this 7.85 inch screen needs to be an iPad, let's think here a bit outside of the box for once. Maybe a dedicated remote for the upcoming Apple TV set?
  • Reply 129 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kalimero View Post

Why this 7.85 inch screen needs to be an iPad, let's think here a bit outside of the box for once. Maybe a dedicated remote for the upcoming Apple TV set?

a 7.85 inch remote? I mean yea it's possible...but it doesn't really make much sense IMO.

Your laying in bed your Apple 50" Television is on the wall, and your on your side and you wish to change the channel...gonna use 2 hands?

Maybe an optional accessory but a stock remote? I don't see it happening.
  • Reply 130 of 134
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kalimero View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

a 7.85 inch remote? I mean yea it's possible...but it doesn't really make much sense IMO.

Your laying in bed your Apple 50" Television is on the wall, and your on your side and you wish to change the channel...gonna use 2 hands?

Maybe an optional accessory but a stock remote? I don't see it happening.

Don't tell me the key spec of remotes is now their diagonal length.
  • Reply 131 of 134
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

Do you have any actual evidence to back up the assertion that they've sold (not shipped) millions?

Is that crickets I hear?

The Kindle Fire alone sold several million units. The Nook also sold several million units. They tend to be low-end, less expensive units and Apple might decide that it's not a market they want to enter, but pretending that the market doesn't exist is just as biased as all the anti-Apple haters here.

While it's true that there are a few examples where someone shipped a ton of units that didn't sell(*cough*Touchpad*cough*), that's actually the exception - and they generally get sold eventually.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

What? No crickets here. Now it's no where near what Apple has shipped but Samsung has shipped more the 20 million units. Barnes and Noble more then 10 and Amazon more then 15. Give me a little time and I will give you more links. I really have to know what did you think that these company's were loosing money hand over fist. No one goes into this industry if their going to loose money. I like Apple to buddy but to believe that they are the only company that makes money is just down right silly. You really amaze me sitting up there on your thrown of ultimate condescending posts.

http://m.bgr.com/2011/12/01/barnes-n...o-220-million/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/24630...ld_so_far.html

9to5google.com/2011/09/26/samsung-on-track-to-sell-as-many-as-10-million-tablets-in-2011/

Funny, but your links don't support the bolded claim. Samsung has sold a few million tablets, not 20 million.

As for the profits, you are wrong. Look up the profits by various companies. Apple is making the lion's share of profits on tablet sales. Samsung is making a little bit. The rest are either breaking even or losing money.

Do you think HP made money on the TouchPad? Even Amazon with the Kindle Fire didn't make money (yet). Even the most optimistic estimates are that they might possibly have come close to breaking even. They hope to make it up on future sales of media, but the tablet business has not been profitable to date.
  • Reply 132 of 134
    ...Apple is locking down 7-inch screens to shut out its competitors. That's what I would do, especially if I had over 100 billion sitting in the bank.
  • Reply 133 of 134
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FjordPrefect View Post

...Apple is locking down 7-inch screens to shut out its competitors. That's what I would do, especially if I had over 100 billion sitting in the bank.

...so Apple is paying Samsung to manufacture screens that it won't use, taking a HUGE loss and making Samsung a profit? Not a very good way to Kill Samsung's tablet business.
  • Reply 134 of 134
    sdbryansdbryan Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emacs72 View Post

you won't get an answer, most likely, because none of your questions had anything to do with spacevator's comments.

Nonsense, of course the questions are relevant. The OP indicated he found Apple products lacking (iPhone and iPad) and suggested Apple should follow the lead of Samsung in choosing technology for future tablet products. Obviously there is nothing wrong with offering a suggestion but it is like suggesting to a race car driver that his engine is just rubbish and he should switch to one used by a competitor who is several laps behind. Eventually we expect a competitor's success to influence decisions that Apple makes for future iPads. But currently there is no real competition for the 10" iPad. It is a weird situation two years after its debut but denying reality does not change it.