Eewwwwuuuggghhh.... hangover

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
god somebody help me... the pedialite (sp?) isn't helping, these girls stole my bed, aannndd I can't remember who they are... I'm never drinking again...

anyone else have days after like this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 66
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

god somebody help me... the pedialite (sp?) isn't helping, these girls stole my bed, aannndd I can't remember who they are... I'm never drinking again...

anyone else have days after like this?

Your dehydrated and that is what gives you the hangover headache. Not much you can do now except wait it out. Next time, drink a big glass of water--maybe two--before you pass out for the night.

Or yeah, just don't drink so darn much.
  • Reply 2 of 66
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Kraig - Drink LOTS of water NOW. It's not too late.

I don't get headaches anymore. But when I used to, the only thing that worked for me was Anacin. I don't know if it's even still on the market, but nothing else worked for me. It was wonderful stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 66
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Do those pills that say they stop you from having you have a hangover really work?

I always drink a glass of water or two before I go to bed because you need it in your system. Even if you are at the toilet the whole night, you should be drinking water. Though probably better to wait till your body knows you don't have any more alcohol in your stomach and you stop throwing up
  • Reply 4 of 66
    In The Shining Jack Torrance chews ibuprofen to get rid of his hangover. I've never tried it. Thankfully, I seem to not get hungover ever, at least not badly. My stomach usually feels a little funny the day after heavy drinking, but I've only ever had one killer headache, and I just had to ride it out.
  • Reply 5 of 66
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

these girls stole my bed, aannndd I can't remember who they are...

what in the hell are you doing posting here?!?

go to sleep in your bed man!

re: hangover...

the "chaser" pill has fine print that says it only works for 5 drinks or less... and most people don't have a hangover after 5 drinks... so its worthless..

water -- electrolytes especially (think gatorade) -- will help

not much else helps other then physically getting the alcohol out of your system: (perspiring, urinating, vomiting, or getting a blood transfusion...)

or you could take your mind off the nausea/headache and go see what those girls are up to ...

(disclaimer: I'm only kidding... I would never condone taking advantage of the heavily inebriated and unconscious... only one of the two is allowed)

but I mean COMEON! TWO women slee--passed out in YOUR bed and you come to an apple-themed message board to complain about it?!?! whats wrong with you man?!
  • Reply 6 of 66
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    ....I dont have a headache...well I have a subtle one but still.. you know the uneasy... I feel like I'm going to puke or um puke. I can't get in my bed, cuz those girls are in there... that I don't know.. I've been sleeping on the floor, yeah the girls they are cool. I think something happened but everything is real fuzzy. Dude I'm so woozy I shouldn't even try and get it up... well ok back to dozing off in this computer chair.
  • Reply 7 of 66
    weer'e going to denny's!
  • Reply 8 of 66
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    heh you spell exceptionally well for someone who is hungover

but seriously force water into your system... it dilutes the -OH so you get hydrated faster as well as get sober faster...

drink like 2 liters... seriously...

you end up pissing out so much water that your body NEEDS as much as it can get...

go take a shower that would help too... but only if it is a nice one... not a shitty college shower...
  • Reply 9 of 66
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    If i'm really bad in the morning I usually force myself to vomit - it feels much better after. Then I drink a ton of water and eat a bunch of bready things. This usually works fine. The worst part about a night of heavy drinking is that it takes me like 2 days for my stomach to get used to being satisfied. I just keep eating and eating and I still feel hungry - it sucks.

Anyway I think my hangover tolerance has grown a lot. And only some things will make be feel like shit in the morning most hard liquor is fine the next morning (short of 151 proof) but beer makes be feel like crap, probably cause it's so much more to intake. So yea, my solution is to keep drinking more so you get used to it

Anyway, have fun with the girls (at dennys??) and then go out and do it again tonight!
  • Reply 10 of 66
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Denny's is excellent!

1) Protein (you need this)

2) Salt (electrolytes)

3) Grease (coats the stomach)

Then go get a 64oz Gatorade and drink the whole thing.
  • Reply 11 of 66
    luckily you're at a denny's in texas, you can get grits, always worked for me, that and a nice steam.

i always liked a big sub sandwich too.

but i don't drink anymore.
  • Reply 12 of 66
    ahh god... some people are so much cooler when you're drunk, I just got backk. Ended up going to keryby lane, if any of you been to austin you know what i"m talking. I think I'm not hungover tho but sick, cuz um I ate and immediatly had to hurl....grumbles... sigh yeah that tax return went to real good use, a $220 tab!. Thanks for all the advice dudes.
  • Reply 13 of 66
    you spent your tax return on a bender and broads?

well done!
  • Reply 14 of 66
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    there isn't a ton that you can do. drink lots of water, of course. i find eating heavily burnt toast eases nausea and hangover feelings. something to do with the carbon, i think.
  • Reply 15 of 66
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    OJ works wonders. your body needs sugar too.

and next time there are girls in your bed, pile in with them.
  • Reply 16 of 66
    There was piling... appartently I just can't remmeber it. I found the wrappers..
  • Reply 17 of 66
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

ahh god... some people are so much cooler when you're drunk, I just got backk. Ended up going to keryby lane, if any of you been to austin you know what i"m talking. I think I'm not hungover tho but sick, cuz um I ate and immediatly had to hurl....grumbles... sigh yeah that tax return went to real good use, a $220 tab!. Thanks for all the advice dudes.

Ahhhhh... how many nights did I spend studying with 10+ friends at Kerbey Lane (183 N)? Too many to count. Kerbey Queso and Fat Tire until the sun comes up. Then go flunk the test.
  • Reply 18 of 66
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

luckily you're at a denny's in texas, you can get grits, always worked for me

You can get grits at other Denny's too. I tried some a while back, but I could tell they were those little packages of instant grits - microwaved, tasteless and watery.

To me, instant 'anything' is bleeaahh! 'Instant' sucks!

Anyone had a 'Scram Slam' lately? Those are pretty good.
  • Reply 19 of 66
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    So, um... Do you remember what it was you drank or how much? $220 is quite a tab.
  • Reply 20 of 66
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

So, um... Do you remember what it was you drank or how much? $220 is quite a tab.

Do you really need to ask how much? I don't think there is any question of how much, just what.

He was with 2 girls last night and he doesn't remember it!