Eewwwwuuuggghhh.... hangover

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    actually I'm not, i went and had one beer at razzoo's and my body gave me the signal that um its not good to yet.
  • Reply 42 of 66
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Liquor before beer, your in the clear.

Beer before liquor, never been sicker

I may be an old fashioned young'n, but I don't see the point in getting THAT drunk. I mean, if you are to the point that you can't remember, that is just stupid. You should remember the night before and always have control.
  • Reply 43 of 66
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Liquor before beer, your in the clear.

Beer before liquor, never been sicker

I may be an old fashioned young'n, but I don't see the point in getting THAT drunk. I mean, if you are to the point that you can't remember, that is just stupid. You should remember the night before and always have control.

It can get to the point where you don't WANT to remember. Besides, it's always fun putting together what happened the night before from what you remember and hear from friends.
  • Reply 44 of 66
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Hangovers are overrated. Unless you wake up, still drunk, in a mysterious place you haven't been going hard enough. Aaaanyway, I always drink a bunch of water and throw down some vitamins before bed.

Of course, if you drink enough you hit the point where you just puke it all out that night, and after a big gulp usually feel fine the next day.
  • Reply 45 of 66
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

u are young. you see, some of the most fun happens right before the blackout. its the point at which you are most loose and most exposed to the effects. but judging what amount will spark a "time travel" is difficult (especially when ur faculties are compromised by drunkeness). for example: me and the coworkers are at some pool & drinkery. we're doing terrible on the table, but the drinks are plentiful. once we're thoroughly sloshed, we move on to the heavy hitters club. a couple of bottles later, and then the ladies come to the show. like 8 of them, young and volumptuous. i remember having one more drink, then walking over to them. next thing i remember, i woke up a stranger in a strange land. all i know about the between time was that i made some kind of ass of myself, cuz my coworkers dont look at me the same anymore. i'm sure i enjoyed it though.

alcohol breeds fun. so, more alcohol breeds more fun. of course, if u are underage, then u should realize that i'm lying. alcohol isn't fun at all. u should avoid it at all costs. until u crossover to 21 or whatever ur local drinking age may be, then u can re-realize all the joys of alcohol.
  • Reply 46 of 66
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    or you drink so much you end up laying in a pool of your own vomit. scared that you haven't moved and can't be woken, your friends call an ambulence. you're so ****ed up by this point that they have to pump your stomach to keep you alive. before they do they start with the catheter. while putting it in you go into convulsions due to acute acohol poisioning and the catheter slips. you wake up the next day to find out your dick may never work right again, you may need to pee through a catheter for as long as you live, and you'll never be able to get an erection.

yay! what fun.

careful what you drink. i had a friend with exactly your attitude Freak. after this stunt he slowed down a bit.
  • Reply 47 of 66
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

you wake up the next day to find out your dick may never work right again, you may need to pee through a catheter for as long as you live, and you'll never be able to get an erection.

Did all these things really happen - permanently - to this guy?
  • Reply 48 of 66
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    no, after a month it started to work again.

scary ass month for him though, and us. docs weren't sure if anything would work right again though.
  • Reply 49 of 66
    Well, this is the drunkest I've been for months. I will pay for it in the morning. There's no doubt about that. I have a good excuse. I'll keep you posted as to me coping methods; this is an on-topic affair and could be interesting.

It's "wine on beer makes you feel queer; beer on wine, makes you feel fine", incidentallly, which is bollocks as far as I can tell.

I don't remember anything about "vodka and loads more vodka makes you feel oddka, even more vodka and you'll probably vomit and that goodnight spliff was a bad idea", but that's probably because the shit doesn't rhyme.
  • Reply 50 of 66
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    And on a Monday too---HiS, you are a glutton for punishment.

I recommend 3-4 pints of water---then hit the local homeopathy store in the morning (ask for a remedy for "overindulgence").
  • Reply 51 of 66
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I was discussing this stuff with, of all people, my mother. We think there's some gene that controls how you respond to alcohol - how much enjoyment you get out of being drunk, how likely you are to be an alcoholic, how likely you are to get hung over, etc. Seems like my family is really low on the "sensitive to alcohol" scale. I have gotten drunk once, and I didn't think much of it - basically I just felt dizzy for a few hours, went to sleep, and woke up the next morning feeling a bit tired but generally just fine. No hangover. Same applies to both my parents, and my grandparents. They've all gotten drunk maybe just once or twice, but none of them really thought it was that great, and neither my mom nor my dad has ever had a real bad hangover. Alcoholism does not run in my family... in fact, I can't think of a single member of my family on either side that is an alcoholic.

Anyway, I feel fortunate to be like this. I might get drunk a couple more times in my life, but I really don't see the appeal. It's much more fun to just have a little to drink and get a bit buzzed.
  • Reply 52 of 66
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

I was discussing this stuff with, of all people, my mother. We think there's some gene that controls how you respond to alcohol - how much enjoyment you get out of being drunk, how likely you are to be an alcoholic, how likely you are to get hung over, etc. Seems like my family is really low on the "sensitive to alcohol" scale. I have gotten drunk once, and I didn't think much of it - basically I just felt dizzy for a few hours, went to sleep, and woke up the next morning feeling a bit tired but generally just fine. No hangover. Same applies to both my parents, and my grandparents. They've all gotten drunk maybe just once or twice, but none of them really thought it was that great, and neither my mom nor my dad has ever had a real bad hangover. Alcoholism does not run in my family... in fact, I can't think of a single member of my family on either side that is an alcoholic.

Anyway, I feel fortunate to be like this. I might get drunk a couple more times in my life, but I really don't see the appeal. It's much more fun to just have a little to drink and get a bit buzzed.

Getting drunk is an art. Anyone can draw a picture, but artists must refine their trade.
  • Reply 53 of 66
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

basically I just felt dizzy for a few hours, went to sleep, and woke up the next morning feeling a bit tired but generally just fine.

That's the way I feel after "study beers."

(just kidding)

Anyway, drunk is not feeling a little dizzy. Right below the threshold of blacking out there's this feeling of massive dizziness when you hit the pillow. It's not a very good feeling, and it's actually preferable to have one more drink and then just pass out.

Usually during this period, you may find out the next day that you went outside to howl at the moon with the neighbors dog (heh heh), went streaking around the block in a grass skirt (long story), or that the guy in the bar thought you were on blow (that was a bad one). Oh well. All in moderation. . . . that means waiting until something good happens to get drunk.
  • Reply 54 of 66
    I'm awake, I've had four hours sleep.

I don't have the headache yet although my mouth is unpleasantly dry and I feel sick. I'm not sober yet. I didn't drink enough water when I went to bed.

I now have to go and dismantle a theatre set.

I am a fool.

Further updates to follow.

• Reply 55 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

I now have to go and dismantle a theatre set.

While totally unrelated, HiS, this reminds me of something funny. I spent last semester in Europe. European toilets work differently than American toilets and this fact apparantly facinated me when I was drunk. On more than one drunken occasion I dismatled a toilet tank to try and figure out how it worked. Of course, being drunk, I was unable to make heads or tails of it, but it makes a fun story.
  • Reply 56 of 66
    Anantomy of a Hangover.

How wonderful to be able to contribute to a thread and actually know what I'm talking about.

I cycled to the theatre where the set had to be dismantled via the house of a friend, the show's director. I was woozy, moving gingerly, with a curiously distorted sense of depth perception. I bought some ibuprofen in the corner shop and took three. I had begun to feel nauseous and didn't even check the strength.

My friend's girlfriend, who is German, had her father (an irrigation expert recently returned from Afghanistan) and her sister there. I walked into a house where a fry-up breakfast was in full sway and everyone was speaking German.

I left after some five minutes because I felt like I was about to vomit and made my way to the theatre where I met the useless Portuguese intern assistant, smoking a cigarette. We went downstairs to a big room with no lights where I found my emergency bucket because I was now convinced I was going to vom.

Oh, to cut a long story short I drank some Coke, ate some chocolate and some Pringles (it is a documented fact that the hangover responds to treatment by shit food) and now I'm OK.

Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

While totally unrelated, HiS, this reminds me of something funny. I spent last semester in Europe. European toilets work differently than American toilets and this fact apparantly facinated me when I was drunk. On more than one drunken occasion I dismatled a toilet tank to try and figure out how it worked. Of course, being drunk, I was unable to make heads or tails of it, but it makes a fun story.

I know. American toilets are the best toilets in the world. They fill up from below the waterline. They flush silently like finely-tooled hydroelectric apparatus. I couldn't get over the toilets in America.
  • Reply 57 of 66
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Hey, if it's an anatomy, it should be long, not short
  • Reply 58 of 66
    Quote:

I know. American toilets are the best toilets in the world. They fill up from below the waterline. They flush silently like finely-tooled hydroelectric apparatus. I couldn't get over the toilets in America.

It's nice to know we do something right.
  • Reply 59 of 66
    Off topic praise of America edited so we can talk about HANGOVERS.
  • Reply 60 of 66
    Quote:

Off topic praise of America edited so we can talk about HANGOVERS.

No, no! Please, no!