Selling 50% of iPhones through Apple's retail stores viewed as an unrealistic, lofty goal

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    If Apple allows trading in old iPhone for Discount as previously rumored, this could surely drive Apple Retail Sales.

The other obstacle is Network Contract. They need to have an super, easy and efficient way to sigh up Mobile Network Plans with iPhones within Apple Retail Store. Not saying this isn't currently possible. But the steps are long and tedious.

Incentive, Why Buy in Apple Retail store when Network provider are doing it for same price. May be Apple could sign up deals with Network where certain extras like Visual VoiceMail will be free when signing up through Apple Retail.

I think it is a very hard scaling problem. They want to double the sales from Apple Retail without adding the amount of retail stores and employees count. Interested to see how Apple tackles it.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    pendergast wrote: »
    I miss those guys. Dogpile was awesome.
    Dogpile is still around, I use them when I need results from multiple search engines.
  • Reply 83 of 87
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    "We don't know, exactly, how Apple can realistically meet Cook's goals," he said.

OK, so this is actually an article about the fact that some guy has no clue how Apple's CEO would succeed in making Apple work out Apple's CEO's goals.

AppleInsider, here is a primer for you: if that guy, or you, or me, had any clue about that, we'd be the ones in charge and making 60 Billion dollars for our company.
  • Reply 84 of 87
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Dogpile is still around, I use them when I need results from multiple search engines.

I meant how awesome it was back in the day. 

I rarely ever use it anymore.

• Reply 85 of 87
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

You read this in the quarterly report? I missed it when I read it. Can you point out what page this number is provided?

They give the channel inventory in all q reports. We started the q with x weeks of inventory we ended with y.
  • Reply 86 of 87
    xiao-zhixiao-zhi Posts: 112member
    I might disagree with their conclusions based on experience. In Asia, a much higher percentage of phones are sold full price through OEMs or distributors in stores or on-line, and Apple stores clock record sales in all Chinese locations.

So if we consider that most future growth will be led through increasing sales in Asia (that is Apple's trend) it's quite possible Apple could out-perform CIRPs forecast.
  • Reply 87 of 87
    Sorry to interrupt the trolling and troll-baiting, but I called an AT&T store and verified that they do charge sales tax on the full, unsubsidized cost of the iPhone. So of you buy from a carrier store, you are literally paying a tax of about 35 bucks on a $199 iPhone.