LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    LeoMC said:
    NotSoMuch said:
    LeoMC said:
    LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    How can Foxconn do that without Xi Jinping’s and the CCP’s permission?
    Because Foxconn is a Taiwanese company. AI screwed up. 
    Last I checked, Taiwan was a province in China, so every single Taiwanese company is also Chinese.
    Just like Apple is both a Californian and a US company.
    Not true. Do you get it from ChatGPT? The fact is due to a civil war, Taiwan was separated from mainland China since 1949. Independently governed. 
    I'll let your rudeness slide this time.
    Taiwan was never separated from China, it was just a place where the losing party was allowed to settle, having some autonomy but inside the Chinese state.
    Do not argue with an idiot as you will never win. -As a clever man one said.

Not all have the capability to undestand fact and have studied history with more than a ChatGPT search. 

Taiwan have democracy and China is a totalitarian state ruled by the CCP with the almighty Xi "The Poo Bear" holding on to the power.  

Fun thing the Chinese actually believe that Taiwan is the biggest island in China. -fascinating how well indoctrination and censorship works.

What is that "ChatGPT" I heard some trolls talking about?
    Taiwan used to be one of the dictatorships of the world (its first president served 5 terms, the country was ruled by martial law for ~40 years, the first popular vote was held in 1988); looking at its political system today, we can say it is a democracy, but it's far from being a working democracy.
    China has elections - their president is elected by electors (does that ring any bell?). What makes you think your system is better than China's system for the Chinese people? "Democracy" is the power of the people and it's just as democratically for the people to give the powers to a group of people called party as to give the power to a group of people called parliament.
    US and every single country on earth recognise Taiwan as a part of China, UN in its treaties recognises Taiwan as a province of China so what exactly are you talking about?!

PS: only illiterate people use CCP to designate the Communist Party of China (CPC).
    On paper China looks democratic; in practice it’s not.

Twenty years ago I was hopeful that China would lead the world forward with a better approach to democracy. The world needs such a thing, as many existing democracies have structural problems and are being subverted. Unfortunately, Xi went in the opposite direction. 

Now we must look elsewhere for innovations in democracy. 
    Democracies work only in societies with smart people and, looking at how intelligent are some of US officials actions, I highly doubt US is a functioning democracy; so what you have said about China is also true for US.
    Why would the "world" care that China is a (western) democracy? The Middle East would hate that, so would Africa and a lot of Asian states; why would you think 700 mil people should have the right to tell 3-4 billion how to govern themselves?! I have never heard of China attacking either US or Europe, so why would anyone meddle with how Chinese people choose to rule their society?
    I would never be comfortable in a country where the freedom of speach (which I consider at least just as important as the right to live) is tempered with, but I will never try to impose my principles to anyone else; I will live by them, I can teach them, explain why they are better (and what are their flaws), but I will never try to impose them.
    So, as long as the world agrees that Taiwan is a province of China, the only thing to say is that every single Taiwan based company is a Chinese company.
    How have you determined that 3-4 billion people do not want some form of democracy? 

I think all societies have smart people, and that all societies have the potential to have some form of democracy (democracy = self government).

The main obstacle to democracy is powerful people whose amount of power exceeds the power that they have *earned* AND who do not want to give up their power. 
    Another obstacle to democracy is people lacking familiarity with how to make a democracy work. 

The first obstacle is harder to overcome than the second. But those powerful people use the second obstacle as an excuse to hold onto power. Examples of the kinds of people I'm talking about include Trump, the remaining Koch brother, the Saudi royals, Xi, Putin, and many, many more. 

Nice talking to you, Chat-CCP. 
  • Reply 42 of 45
    LeoMCLeoMC Posts: 102member
    blastdoor said:
    LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    LeoMC said:
    NotSoMuch said:
    LeoMC said:
    LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    Last I checked, Taiwan was a province in China, so every single Taiwanese company is also Chinese.
    Not true. Do you get it from ChatGPT? The fact is due to a civil war, Taiwan was separated from mainland China since 1949. Independently governed. 
    Taiwan was never separated from China, it was just a place where the losing party was allowed to settle, having some autonomy but inside the Chinese state.
    Do not argue with an idiot as you will never win. -As a clever man one said.

Not all have the capability to undestand fact and have studied history with more than a ChatGPT search. 

Taiwan have democracy and China is a totalitarian state ruled by the CCP with the almighty Xi "The Poo Bear" holding on to the power.  

Fun thing the Chinese actually believe that Taiwan is the biggest island in China. -fascinating how well indoctrination and censorship works.

What is that "ChatGPT" I heard some trolls talking about?
    Taiwan used to be one of the dictatorships of the world (its first president served 5 terms, the country was ruled by martial law for ~40 years, the first popular vote was held in 1988); looking at its political system today, we can say it is a democracy, but it's far from being a working democracy.
    China has elections - their president is elected by electors (does that ring any bell?). What makes you think your system is better than China's system for the Chinese people? "Democracy" is the power of the people and it's just as democratically for the people to give the powers to a group of people called party as to give the power to a group of people called parliament.
    US and every single country on earth recognise Taiwan as a part of China, UN in its treaties recognises Taiwan as a province of China so what exactly are you talking about?!

PS: only illiterate people use CCP to designate the Communist Party of China (CPC).
    On paper China looks democratic; in practice it’s not.

Twenty years ago I was hopeful that China would lead the world forward with a better approach to democracy. The world needs such a thing, as many existing democracies have structural problems and are being subverted. Unfortunately, Xi went in the opposite direction. 

Now we must look elsewhere for innovations in democracy. 
    Democracies work only in societies with smart people and, looking at how intelligent are some of US officials actions, I highly doubt US is a functioning democracy; so what you have said about China is also true for US.
    Why would the "world" care that China is a (western) democracy? The Middle East would hate that, so would Africa and a lot of Asian states; why would you think 700 mil people should have the right to tell 3-4 billion how to govern themselves?! I have never heard of China attacking either US or Europe, so why would anyone meddle with how Chinese people choose to rule their society?
    I would never be comfortable in a country where the freedom of speach (which I consider at least just as important as the right to live) is tempered with, but I will never try to impose my principles to anyone else; I will live by them, I can teach them, explain why they are better (and what are their flaws), but I will never try to impose them.
    So, as long as the world agrees that Taiwan is a province of China, the only thing to say is that every single Taiwan based company is a Chinese company.
    How have you determined that 3-4 billion people do not want some form of democracy? 

I think all societies have smart people, and that all societies have the potential to have some form of democracy (democracy = self government).

The main obstacle to democracy is powerful people whose amount of power exceeds the power that they have *earned* AND who do not want to give up their power. 
    Another obstacle to democracy is people lacking familiarity with how to make a democracy work. 

The first obstacle is harder to overcome than the second. But those powerful people use the second obstacle as an excuse to hold onto power. Examples of the kinds of people I'm talking about include Trump, the remaining Koch brother, the Saudi royals, Xi, Putin, and many, many more. 

Nice talking to you, Chat-CCP. 
    I have never said ”3-4 billion people do not want some form of democracy”, I just said the western democracy is not the only form of democracy.
    I believe you have no idea what you are talking about so let me define the notion: democracy = a polity where the people are the only ones with the sovereign right to decide how they live their lives (to put things in perspective, you should know that Germany was a democratic state when the Nazi came to power).
    The main (and only) obstacle to democracy is people's level of education - the dummer the population, the lower the democratic level; when you have a smart society with people knowing their rights and other smart people making sure those rights are respected and the obligations are imposed, it's impossible for individuals to accumulate too much power (and when that happens, the courts - with smart judges - quickly fix things).
    I would also add to your list mr. Biden - the same motherf. who mandated vaccines, who shut down the economy, a racist who supported invasions, coups and other illegal US actions; Bush and Blair - who invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and led to the killing of hundreds of thousands; Clinton - who invaded Serbia; vd Leyden and the entire EC - who refuses even today to provide info about Covid-19 vaccine contracts; Zelensky - who suppressed any opposition; EU - who suppressed the freedom of speech, who censors news channels.
    But nothing changes the fact that Taiwan is part of China and all Taiwanese companies are in fact Chinese companies.
    edited March 2023
  • Reply 43 of 45
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,580member
    LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. 

LeoMC said:
    LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    Literally the only country that agrees with that viewpoint is China. 

The reason hardly any nations formally recognise Taiwan as a sovereign state is because China cuts diplomatic relations with any state that does. 

And, as this thread has layed out quite clearly, that's simply not possible for most nations in this current global economy. 
  • Reply 44 of 45
    LeoMCLeoMC Posts: 102member
    spheric said:
    LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. 

LeoMC said:
    LeoMC said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    Literally the only country that agrees with that viewpoint is China. 

The reason hardly any nations formally recognise Taiwan as a sovereign state is because China cuts diplomatic relations with any state that does. 

And, as this thread has layed out quite clearly, that's simply not possible for most nations in this current global economy. 
    Literally you are wrong.
    This is from a 1971 UN Resolution: "Decides to restore all its rights to the People's Republic of China and to recognize the representatives of its Government as the only legitimate representatives of China to the United Nations, and to expel forthwith the representatives of Chiang Kai-shek fromthe place which they unlawfully occupy at the United Nations and in all the organizations related to it."
    This is from UN General-Secretary, 2022: "
    We abide by General Assembly resolutions, by the One China policy".
    So, according to UN (which is the voice of 193 states), there is only one China and the government of PRC is its only representative.
    I don't do speculation, I just talk law and the law literally shows I'm right.