You can totally tell if the bottle is a winner...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by chych

You know, instead of buying a pepsi, you could go and just buy the song and save 200 calories from your beer belly.

But if you got the belly from Pepsi, it wouldn't really be a beer belly than would it?

But I don't drink pop anyway, so I'm kinda out of the running for the free song thing.
  • Reply 22 of 57
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Considering the amount of caffeine in Pepsi, the 200 calories can be mostly burned off as your metabolism is kicked into overdrive and you stay awake a bit longer...
  • Reply 23 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by chych

You know, instead of buying a pepsi, you could go and just buy the song and save 200 calories from your beer belly.

Funny you should say that. I jog every day to burn calories i gain from the pepsi i would have drank anyway, but atleast this time theres a new song on my ipod to keep me happy.
  • Reply 24 of 57
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

You basically only need to look under 3 bottles (at most)... That takes what- a few seconds?

Sure on average. But if you were only to check three there's still a chance that none of them are winners.
  • Reply 25 of 57
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    This trick has also worked with every previous bottle-cap contest ever, so I'm not at all surprised it works now. The best were "under the label" contests where bottle labels had winning info on the back of the labels. With clear sodas, you could see right through...
  • Reply 26 of 57
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    is this free song game just with regular pepsi or diet as well? and for that matter, what about mountain dew and other pepsi products?
  • Reply 27 of 57
    only pepsi, diet pepsi, sierra mist, and diet sierra mist
  • Reply 28 of 57
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I have just recently had it proved to me that you could tell if a bottle wins this way. I don't like Cola that much so I'm just gonna pick up some iTMS gift/prepaid cards at Target when the one near me gets them in. But, the place I work at has the iTunes Pepsis, there's only a few in the soda cooler but I can dip into the stock in back as long as I still pay for them, at employee discount of course. I'm sure tomorrow will be another slow day so I doubt my boss will mind me buying a handful of Pepsis after tipping them at an angle. I bought two at work tonight and won on one of them. It's hard to find them in my town, but the ones I have found I'm 7 for 11 on them, so I'm beating they're 3 in 1 odds. I'll be inspecting some Pepsis tomorrow.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's not cheating if you don't care.
  • Reply 29 of 57
    and when Joe 7-11 stockboy figures this out, what are the odds the winners are shelved at the back

or culled for 'breakage' and the staff allotment... or buddies are informed which row to pull from.

meh... too cynical... must eat.

[edit add: iBrowse, (posted before refresh) you've renewed my... um... faith in human nature! ]
  • Reply 30 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matt Danger

If they eye you do this:

Get a pair of gloves, walk up behind someone in line at the register and nudge them in the back. When they turn around start putting the gloves on and say "Now would be a good time to leave..."

Matt, like Dane Cook? I know I do. When I was in my teens we did the same thing with Dr. Pepper 20 oz bottles, and was thinking about doing with the Pepsi ones, if I could find them. Thanks!
  • Reply 31 of 57
    k, look at it this way - The more winners there are, the more money Pepsi gives to Apple ! So if they get all 100m songs claimed in the short period the thing runs for all the better for Apple, the non winning ones well they will be purchased by consumers inside or outside the claiming period anyway so they dont matter much.. the more winning ones purchased and claimed in the comp running period the better.. win win !! pepsi still win from the sale , apple wins from the pepsi claims

You can justify anything with weird logic usage hey
  • Reply 32 of 57
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The caps are VERY easy to read on the Sierra Mists...

And to my peeps in KC: Quicktrips at least are getting them now.
  • Reply 33 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Pumpkintosh

I suspect that I would draw the attention of many people if I started holding up all of the 20oz Pepsi bottles at an angle in my gas station.

just tell the proprietor that you are trying to find the winning bottles in advance of your paying for them. i'm sure he'll understand. he gets his dollar either way. well, infact, this way he may get more money, since the trick is easy to do, and the incentive of several free songs is strong. if he gives you guff, pop 'im with your nine.

i wish i could find one of the contest bottles. i would so totally cheat.
  • Reply 34 of 57
    I'm 9 for 9 so far!! What are the odds!?

Seriously though....i figured this trick out after i bought my first bottle (and won). Been a winner ever since strangly enough lol
  • Reply 35 of 57
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    if ya could hold a lotto scratch ticket to a light and tell if it was a winner before ya buy, i garen-damn-tee you that millions would
  • Reply 36 of 57
    I say do it, because think of all those people buying pepsi products that don't even have a computer.

Now Pepsi probably new about this "cheating" from running previous promotions, they just want a sudden increase in pepsi sales and the benefit of people flocking to the store and tipping bottles over.

They are going to get a sale anyway...
  • Reply 37 of 57
    Love it.
  • Reply 38 of 57
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that is the sound of running in circles in desperation over not being able to buy songs over iTMS (except when Luca Rescigno helps you out ), not having the Pepsi contest, not able to buy a iPod Mini and generally being left out from everything cool regarding Apple.
  • Reply 39 of 57
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I don't know about you guys, but I get around the bottle cap thing by stealing music.

That's just me.
  • Reply 40 of 57
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

only pepsi, diet pepsi, sierra mist, and diet sierra mist

Well, at least a few Mountain Dews have slipped through, apparently.

And only $27.45!