Andy Ihnatko's rumor might be true after all..

Comments

• Reply 81 of 487
    Hello Irish,

So, what is the "Secret" stuff.

Apple's underwear, or Apple's new lines of perfumes

Stocks are too bleak now. All red.

Let's do the gossip Irish
  • Reply 82 of 487
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

I'll bite. What is it?

Snow Leopard. Being released next week, along with the new Mac mini as a free upgrade to all existing Mac users.
  • Reply 83 of 487
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's not an iPhone.

Sweet God, you're not dredging up the big flat screen with a built in Mac again, are you?
  • Reply 84 of 487
    I have my hopes for two products:

-iMac (with hardware refresh), and

-iPhone Nano - I love my iPod Nano and an iPhone Nano would be so sweet.
  • Reply 85 of 487
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

Snow Leopard. Being released next week, along with the new Mac mini as a free upgrade to all existing Mac users.

No. That's not it either.
  • Reply 86 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Sweet God, you're not dredging up the big flat screen with a built in Mac again, are you?

No, this isn't something I imagined. This is something I heard. Let's just say I "might" have mentioned it like once before, put it that way.
  • Reply 87 of 487
    Quote:

No, this isn't something I imagined. This is something I heard. Let's just say I "might" have mentioned it like once before, put it that way.

Out with it, then.
  • Reply 88 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Out with it, then.

It's big, let's just put it that way. I won't confirm or deny anything after saying that, as I'd give it away. I want to buy some shares first.
  • Reply 89 of 487
    Quote:

Quick, everyone dig through Ireland's post history!!! :grin:
  • Reply 90 of 487
    Quote:

It's big, let's just put it that way. I won't confirm or deny anything after saying that, as I'd give it away. I want to buy some shares first.

Hey man, let's spread the wealth around. We promise we won't tell anyone outside of this forum. And we won't make fun of you if it comes out to be not true, either.

Think of all the street- err... forum-cred you'd get for an accurate "big" prediction.

That's worth more than whatever you'll make from the stock market, which usually goes down with good announcements anyway...

(And Steve is not feeling well, so he can't come after you with his death ray for leaking secrets. It's practically a perfect storm for you!)
  • Reply 91 of 487
    expatexpat Posts: 110member
    Any chance your rumor has anything to do with an xMac? OUT WITH IT!!
  • Reply 92 of 487
    Quote:

Hey man, let's spread the wealth around. We promise we won't tell anyone outside of this forum. And we won't make fun of you if it comes out to be not true, either.

Think of all the street- err... forum-cred you'd get for an accurate "big" prediction.

That's worth more than whatever you'll make from the stock market, which usually goes down with good announcements anyway...

(And Steve is not feeling well, so he can't come after you with his death ray for leaking secrets. It's practically a perfect storm for you!)

I'll give you credit for trying, LOL.
  • Reply 93 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Expat View Post

No, it's not that. I'm going to have to stop doing this. It's definitely not that.

I will say this much, from now on I'll deny everything. Any more suggestions and I'll say "it's not that either". But rest assured it hasn't been guessed yet.
  • Reply 94 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Expat View Post

An xMac wouldn't be "BIG". Every other PC company makes them and Apple is getting on fine without them:

It is either:

Hardware: new product that no one else has, or that is extremely innovative. Or maybe a new arena for apple like TV's or something (not that TV's would be BIG, but you get the point).

Software: a new relationship with another company, either through buying them out, or some kind of partnership.
  • Reply 95 of 487
    So, for instance, this:

Quote:

I happen to think Apple has something big planned for next year, and that's the real reason behind this. To have something big enough, and consumer focused enough to warrant such a daring move. Something big is being prepped. You can just feel it!

Networked TV's anyone? Mac touch anyone? The BIG Apple consumer push is coming.

is just standard Ireland enthusiasm, whereas what you're talking about is something else?

I am engaging Ireland in a game of "guess what I know." I have gone mad.
  • Reply 96 of 487
    It's not a partnership or buyout. It's bigger!

I am not saying anything more. I WILL DENY ALL FROM NOW ON.
  • Reply 97 of 487

Apple is buying a country!

*gasp*
  • Reply 98 of 487
    Quote:

Apple is buying a country!

*gasp*

They aren't buying anything.
  • Reply 99 of 487
    Quote:

Aha!! But you are now on a "deny-everything" policy, so I don't have to believe you!!

• Reply 100 of 487
    Quote:

They're selling something! Apple is selling..... uh........ the pro video apps! To..... some dude!