Andy Ihnatko's rumor might be true after all..

Comments

• Reply 121 of 487
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murk View Post

I'm begining to think it might be a new low cost computer platform based on the iPhone version of OS X.

You wasted a lot of time typing that. It's not this, that's for sure.
  • Reply 122 of 487
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You wasted a lot of time typing that. It's not this, that's for sure.

I wasn't responding to you. I don't believe you know anything . You are just stretching Marvin's joke out through the whole thread. Unlike you, I've actually made a prediction about Andy's info and the Appletell rumor. You will worship me when I am proven right.
  • Reply 123 of 487
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:

I wasn't responding to you. I don't believe you know anything . You are just stretching Marvin's joke out through the whole thread. Unlike you, I've actually made a prediction about Andy's info and the Appletell rumor. You will worship me when I am proven right.

No he is not! He must know something.

He mussssssssst!!!
  • Reply 124 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

No he is not! He must know something.

He mussssssssst!!!

To Ireland, I say, "Put up, or shut up." I think I remember him pulling this routine before.
  • Reply 125 of 487
    Quote:

To Ireland, I say, "Put up, or shut up." I think I remember him pulling this routine before.

No you don't remember this before. I do know something, but I digress.
  • Reply 126 of 487
    Quote:

No you don't remember this before. I do know something, but I digress.

The guy at the pub wasn't an Apple insider. You were both just drunk.
  • Reply 127 of 487
    Quote:

The guy at the pub wasn't an Apple insider. You were both just drunk.

I won't say who I heard it from, but let's just say it wasn't some guy in the pub.
  • Reply 128 of 487
    Quote:

I won't say who I heard it from, but let's just say it wasn't some guy in the pub.

How close do you live to Blarney? I'm betting you are the mayor.
  • Reply 129 of 487
    Quote:

How close do you live to Blarney? I'm betting you are the mayor.

I've never been to Blarney.
  • Reply 130 of 487
    Don't know why I am picking on you Ireland. Since the untimely death of Kormac, you have probably done the most to make this place interesting.
  • Reply 131 of 487
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    Ireland doesn't know anything, He's been told that much before.

This is the same dude who thinks an iPhone that doesn't fit in your pocket is a good idea.
  • Reply 132 of 487
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    Quote:

Don't know why I am picking on you Ireland. Since the untimely death of Kormac, you have probably done the most to make this place interesting.

No doubt. 7k posts in record time. I think his fingers are whittled down to nubs.
  • Reply 133 of 487
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,438moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Dual-screen foldable touch 10" netbook thingy no physical keyboard.

Kind of like what Sony are thinking of:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5132365/sony-co...ase-yes-please

I think it would be better to have two separate panels that act as one than have it bend in the middle. In cold weather, that looks like it will start to crack.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by murk

I wasn't responding to you. I don't believe you know anything . You are just stretching Marvin's joke out through the whole thread.

I can't believe people are falling for the same thing literally a few posts later.

Simple fact is that some people already own Apple stock and lots of it. With no Steve and really late products, Apple stock is dying and the people who own the stock need to push it up so they can sell and they know people buy on rumors sell on facts.

Sell them the ultimate rumor that there is some unknown super amazing thing coming and no evidence to support it. It's kept religion going for over 2000 years. Then when it turns out we get nothing spectacular, the rumor-mongers vanish with no accountability because they are only selling hope. Nothing more than a feeling that comes and goes in an instant.

Ireland says first of all he's figured it out but then it changes to it's something he has heard because figuring it out is uncertain, hearing something is not so it adds some strength to it.

Follow the rules and wait for information. Without acknowledgment, rumor-mongers have to give out more information to sustain interest and the more info that comes, the more you can determine if it's anything worth listening to. In this particular case, it turns out the guy who Ireland heard it from got the information from a bad source who is tricking him into buying more stock.

Apple themselves do this. Remember when Jobs said that 2008 would be off the charts? What has happened in 2008 that has been off the charts? Nothing.
  • Reply 134 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phong View Post

Ireland doesn't know anything, He's been told that much before.

This is the same dude who thinks an iPhone that doesn't fit in your pocket is a good idea.

Both of those points don't make any sense.
  • Reply 135 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

No doubt. 7k posts in record time. I think his fingers are whittled down to nubs.

• Reply 136 of 487
    It's software, but still, that's a surprisingly elusive hint. It's so obvious I don't think any one of you would ever guess it. I have said too much. Don't expect any more clarification than that. I will no longer be dropping hints.
  • Reply 137 of 487
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,438moderator
    Quote:

It's software, but still, that's a surprisingly elusive hint. It's so obvious I don't think any one of you would ever guess it.

This is the other thing people have to remember. Apple is a company making computers and software. No matter what they come out with, this is all they will ever make.

They don't make CPUs or GPUs or chipsets or storage drives or displays. They buy all these from other manufacturers. The best Apple can do is make something more than the sum of those parts like the iphone but it's still going to be limited to the capabilities of those parts.

Quote:

I have said too much.

This was true 7273 posts ago. @t=time(), SNR~0.
  • Reply 138 of 487
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:

It's software, but still, that's a surprisingly elusive hint. It's so obvious I don't think any one of you would ever guess it. I have said too much. Don't expect any more clarification than that. I will no longer be dropping hints.

You're turning this thread into your personal blog and that's not a Good Thing.
  • Reply 139 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

You're turning this thread into your personal blog and that's not a Good Thing.

I know what the object of the title of this thread is. That's not a personal blog. Chill Bill
  • Reply 140 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

This was true 7273 posts ago.

Cheers big ears! Same to you