Apple to update MacBook lines in time for holidays

Comments

• Reply 141 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zandros

Except it's not widescreen.

Heh.. Oops Okay, revised estimate, full 16:9 HD max 1920 x 1080 in my Uber-MacBookPro fantasy above.
  • Reply 142 of 199
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    My MacBook that was scheduled to ship the 28th shipped tomorrow morning according to the FedEx #. Good old international date line. The delivery estimate in my e-mail was the 29th.
  • Reply 143 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Totally, John, enjoy your MacBookPro. It *will* kick ass from Day One even if the day after you get it they announce an all-new Titanium-Burnt-Black Dual-Merom(QUAD) 2.6ghz 2GB 7200rpm 160GBHD ATI X1900 Mobility 20" 1600x1200 screen With 16xDL-DVDburning, and a whopping 6 HOURS real-life use....... Phew. Oh yeah..... That would be one sweet MacBookPro. To the MAX.

But um, yeah, you will enjoy your MacBookPro nonetheless.

Geez, the 20" inch really coming soon???? like the 24" iMac

Dual -Merom - thats asking for too much ...
  • Reply 144 of 199
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam

Geez, the 20" inch really coming soon???? like the 24" iMac

Dual -Merom - thats asking for too much ...

A 20" MBP would effectively be a high end desknote. I think they would be neat though. I can't find roadmap details, but I would expect a regular four core notebook chip next year, and I would expect it to be on a single die rather than the dual die that we will see in a couple months with the desktop and workstation chips.
  • Reply 145 of 199
    One day and 3 1/2 hrs to go...

20" MBP on the way ???
  • Reply 146 of 199
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    I hope not.
  • Reply 147 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

I hope not.

any reason apart from being bulky???
  • Reply 148 of 199
    For the same money you can probably buy a 24"iMac and a MacBook

Or, as you wish a 20"iMac and a 15" MacBook Pro.

And indeed: bulky.
  • Reply 149 of 199
    Quote:

any reason apart from being bulky???

Another reason (though I would hope one comes): I would have to get rid of my 19" external monitor. How stupid would it be to attach an external monitor... and it were smaller than the notebook's monitor? It would be laughed at by all the other computers. 17" notebook and 19" external LCD... cool. 20" and external 19"? They'd never let my notebook play in any reindeer games.
  • Reply 150 of 199
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove

Another reason (though I would hope one comes): I would have to get rid of my 19" external monitor. How stupid would it be to attach an external monitor... and it were smaller than the notebook's monitor? 17" notebook and 19" external LCD... cool. 20" and external 19"?

A 17" notebook is already pushing the limit of portability, 20" would be a lot less so. It might cost just as much to get a 30" monitor and hook it up to the 15" as it would to get a 20" notebook. I'm not even sure if there is a good notebook panel available in 20", the only 20" "notebook" I've seen used a desktop panel that had the resolution of a 15" notebook. As I've said before, a 20" "notebook" would make a very nice, elite desktop replacement, but I don't really think it's very useful as a mobile system.

Quote:

It would be laughed at by all the other computers. They'd never let my notebook play in any reindeer games.

If your other computers are laughing, burn them before their disease gets contagious.
  • Reply 151 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

If your other computers are laughing, burn them before their disease gets contagious.

Too late!
  • Reply 152 of 199
    Quote:

One day and 3 1/2 hrs to go...

20" MBP on the way ???

I rather see a 12' MBP. I guess that's just me.
  • Reply 153 of 199
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I thought 20 inches was humongous, but 12 feet?
  • Reply 154 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Wow... monitor envy. Wouldn't fit well in Starbucks, though.
  • Reply 155 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Oops, that's 12" MBP. You don't miss anything.
  • Reply 156 of 199
    I am at new student at UC Santa Cruz waiting just like everyone else to purchase a new Core 2 Duo Macbook. I was talking to the Apple reps at the Bay Tree Book store on the UCSC campus and they told me that Apple has STOPPED shipment of all the Core Duo Macbook ands Macbook Pros to the UCSC Campus. They are to sell the remaining stock of Core Duo Macbooks they have remaining and await word from Apple..... They said to me the Core 2 Duo Macbook and Macbook Pros will be out in October and that my wait will be long over.

I hope they are right about this one.

Go Slugs!
  • Reply 157 of 199
    Okay... Pismo died.
  • Reply 158 of 199
    Hey. Not sure if any of you noticed but the Mac + iPod promotion has been extended until October 7, at least in Denmark. Maybe that'll be the next hardware update? I went down to an Apple store today to pick up a new firewire harddrive (1TB Bigdisk) and asked about the Macbook Pro Update (i've been holding out for about 2 or 3 weeks now), and he said they just got a new shipment of the existing line of Macbooks and MB Pros in about a week ago. Apparently they've been selling great with the back-to-school set here (and they're including second-skin cases with all of them. So, looks like i'll be waiting a little while longer.
  • Reply 159 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbass

Hey. Not sure if any of you noticed but the Mac + iPod promotion has been extended until October 7, at least in Denmark. Maybe that'll be the next hardware update? I went down to an Apple store today to pick up a new firewire harddrive (1TB Bigdisk) and asked about the Macbook Pro Update (i've been holding out for about 2 or 3 weeks now), and he said they just got a new shipment of the existing line of Macbooks and MB Pros in about a week ago. Apparently they've been selling great with the back-to-school set here (and they're including second-skin cases with all of them. So, looks like i'll be waiting a little while longer.

i don't think it really matters honestly. when apple released the new imacs, they were not included in the promotion. if new products are released tomorrow, i seriously doubt apple will include them into the promotion either.
  • Reply 160 of 199
    Quote:

One day and 3 1/2 hrs to go...20" MBP on the way ???

Please use the Official Countdown to Sep25 Thread

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=67009

8 Hours 15 minutes to go until 10am London Time.