Nonsense. The fire marshal may have determined that it was an ignition source. But what what was the fuel?
This applies not only to Apple, but to any manufacturer of electronic components. So I am going to make this a generic counter-argument.
What exactly were the circumstances leading to the fire? Assuming for the sake of argument that the AC adapter sparked, what did it spark on? Did the homeowner live is complete filth with fire hazards everywhere? Was it on a table or structure that was highly combustible? Did the homeowner have the laptop plugged into the wall with a bunch of octopus wiring causing an overload of some sort?
I'd bet money that the homeowner is conveniently holding something back.
When I use my Milwaukee cordless 18v power drill, occasionally a spark will spit spit out of the motor vent due to the high torque. If I happen to be standing next to a gasoline drum, is it the fault of the drill company?
There's a lot more to this story that's not being talked about.
Unless the component (regardless of manufacturer) literally blew up and exploded like a brick of C-4 explosives, then I'm not convinced it was entirely the company's fault. Not just yet.
That's the problem with you couch conspiracy-theorists. You're quick to judge without waiting to see what the outcome is. Then, when the truth does come out, you quietly retreat to a corner and hope no-one calls you on it.
In the end, yet another label will be attached to a device to protect you from yourselves.
How's this: "This product incorporates high-voltage circuitry of 120v. Please keep away from all combustible materials.".