or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's iOS 4.3 has 2X faster JavaScript, AirPlay from iTunes to iPad & iPhone

Apple's iOS 4.3 has 2X faster JavaScript, AirPlay from iTunes to iPad & iPhone - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You can't wait nine days?

Nope.
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Nope.

Too bad; you'll obviously have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchman View Post

How about some decent file management? Getting docs in and out of the iPad is horrible. That's what I'm waiting to see in the next version.

Manage files in iTunes. That's the most you're ever going to get.
post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy View Post

Yes you will need a tethering plan from your carrier - AT&T does not let you have a tethering plan with unlimited data.

Thanks.

Now I just have to do the math on whether buying the wifi ipad2 and tethering would be cheaper or whether I should just get the 3G version.

Thanks again.
post #44 of 50
I'm trying to figure out how to use a wireless printer in my work truck. I would like to print directly from the iPhone 3GS I have or from the iPAD2 I'd like to buy next week. (If I could print electrical schematics I get emailed to me while I'm at customer sites I would be in heaven) I Don't want to hafta also keep a laptop connected to the printer.Is anyone doing mobile printing like this now? I see info about AirPrint and I see HP wifi printers advertised but when I read the fine print it seems like the printer still needs to be attached to a PC.

Also, if iOS 4.3 enables Personal Hotspot and 4.3 will be supported on the 3GS, why not this feature? Everything seems to indicate it will only work on the iPhone 4. (I was hoping not to upgrade my phone until iphone5 since I seem to have missed a beat on the upgrade treadmill)

Lastly, Can the iPhone be tethered to the iPad via bluetooth? Have I been missing out on the tethering party waiting for wifi?
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymo_us@yahoo.com View Post

Also, if iOS 4.3 enables Personal Hotspot and 4.3 will be supported on the 3GS, why not this feature?

Hardware restrictions.
post #46 of 50
Is the flash support 2x faster too? Oh wait.

It's too bad Steve's ego is keeping flash off the devices.

Retina Macbook Pro - 2.6ghz

Galaxy Nexus - Jelly Bean!

post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hardware restrictions.

BS. My jailbroken regular iphone 3g wifi tethers just fine.

post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

Is the flash support 2x faster too? Oh wait.

It's too bad Steve's ego is keeping flash off the devices.

Is it Steve's ego that's forcing Motorola to ship the Xoom without working Flash? And if they can't do it now, how was Jobs supposed to make it happen a year ago? Or for that matter, four years ago when the Flash talk immediately started up with the release of the iPhone? All these years later, and Adobe is just now maybe sorta releasing a version of Flash that won't kill batteries and performance, but somehow Apple has been keeping it off their devices because of "Jobs' ego."

Adobe has done just fine keeping Flash off mobile devices, all by themselves.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

BS. My jailbroken regular iphone 3g wifi tethers just fine.

Tethers multiple other computing devices to IT over Wi-Fi?
post #50 of 50
Well thats good. The current iOS is rather behind in raw javascript performance.

Even compared to phones with slower processors.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple's iOS 4.3 has 2X faster JavaScript, AirPlay from iTunes to iPad & iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's iOS 4.3 has 2X faster JavaScript, AirPlay from iTunes to iPad & iPhone